We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

Altrincham, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

We are staying in the Hilton in September for 12 nights and reading the reviews I was wondering if you are able to buy snacks and drinks from the supermarket and consume around the pool as the prices seem quite high to buy from the hotel

Thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

I would assume that the idea of consuming food and drink bought outside the hotel is frowned upon and you would probably be contravening one of the hotels rules, it is not a public picnic area when all is said and done.

However, I'm sure that everyone purchases drinks and sometimes snacks outside the hotel and consumes same in their room.

Altrincham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

Thank you for your reply. We haven't stayed B&B before and was just thinking of buying bottles of water for around the pool, but I will just have my hubby to be splash out a little bit more.

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

You will be ok drinking your own water around the pool or inside the Hotel.

4. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 19:05
Altrincham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

Bit rude thank you, yes we are staying at the Hilton for our honeymoon and no we are not completely flash, as it's a special holiday thought we would book a more upmarket hotel. It was a genuine question as we are staying b&b and the prices just for a 500ml bottle of water etc are high and reading the reviews this is a point brought up quite a lot, expensive hotel drinks, hence the reason I asked the question. I am not talking about having a food stand around us constantly. The whole point of the forum is to ask a question and not to be judged by people and their presumptions. Thank you John L for your help and thank you David R for really putting me off using TA community again

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,867 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

NattP89

Please do not let one person with whom you disagree put you off using the normally friendly forum.

Please keep asking any questions you have about Malta and the regulars will always try and give you an informative and truthfull answer,

I didn`t answer your queery about drinks at the Hilton because I was not sure of the answer.

Hope you enjoy your stay at the Hilton hotel . It is in a lovely situation.

Graham

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

I have never stayed at the Hilton but at the nearby Westin (which is a similar quality hotel) didn't object to my taking water to the pool however I didn't take snacks. You should also have a lovely balcony where you can eat and drink anything you purchase and there is a very handy Supermarket next door to the hotel. Also snacks at the Maltese hotels tend to be quite big and often hubby and I will share one which keeps costs down. There are also lots of better priced bars and restaurants easily reachable from your hotel. Congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your holiday

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

Natt,As graham says ignore rude people and do not let it put you off asking any question that you want too,and the regular forum members will do there best too answer them,now your question,You will be fine takeing and drinking your own water around the pool,snacks,id buy from the supermarket,and pop back to your room,and sit and eat them on the balcony,if you feel out of place,eating them around the pool,speaking as an ex hotel manager,i don't think legaly there would be any thing they could do too stop you eating your own snacks around the pool,especially as they allow people to purchase snacks from them too eat around the pool,plus you are only booked on bb basis,so if they didn't want people eating there own food they would only offer full board or all inc,in quite sure you'll find that the family's staying there will be giving there kids snacks/sweets etc theyve brought else where around the pool,so why shouldn't you. Good luck with the weeding and have a good honey noon

Eileen

Edited: 17 July 2014, 16:20
Altrincham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

Thank you very much for all your replies and well wishes and I can really see most people are extremely helpful on the site.

I cannot wait now to get to Malta in September knowing that we don't have to be as careful as we originally thought during the day. It really does seem like an amazing country, as we can have the option to laze around the pool and also get out and explore

Thank you again

Natt

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,867 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks and Snacks at the Hilton, Malta

Natt.

You will find Malta to be a very laid back country and people friendly and helpful.

Buy yourself a 7 day bus ticket for 6.50 euros and get out and explore.

make sure you spend at least one full day in Valletta and half a day in Mdina.

Graham

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's