We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep fried Mars Bar

London
Level Contributor
697 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Deep fried Mars Bar

Hi i'm staying in East Kilbride and want to try a deep fried mars bar. Anywhere in EK where I might be successful? Thank you in advance for any replies. Address would be good so I can find on sat nav

15 replies to this topic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,014 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Deep fried Mars Bar

I saw one in Oban, sitting there proudly next to a deep-fried pizza and some deep-fried haggis. Aside from that, they sold the best fish and chips I have ever tasted.

I once went for a business lunch in Falkirk, and I swear everything on all of our plates was covered with batter of one kind or another, no Mars bars though.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Deep fried Mars Bar

Ahhh - now we're talking - deep fried pizza !! Surprisingly good - or was I just lucky...? I guess lucky to avoid the coronary care unit, anyway....!

alloa, scotland
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Deep fried Mars Bar

deep fried snickers is much better

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Deep fried Mars Bar

Cafe Picante on Broughton St in Edinburgh sells them for £1.50, and £2.50 if you want it served with ice cream.

Pity their website doesn't say what flavours of ice cream they offer.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Deep fried Mars Bar

I've only tried this once and it was a chippy in Wishaw that done them. I think back in the early 2000's alot of places started doing them but then heard that they stopped because it was mucking up their fryers or something. Anyways, I haven't heard of any place still selling them in South Lanarkshire for years.

Reply to: Deep fried Mars Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Kilbride
Recent Conversations
More East Kilbride Topics