We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Which Le Touquet – Paris-Plage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Camping

IS there a quiet , clean campsite close to Le touquet?

England
Level Contributor
167 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping

Having read through this forum and searched on google there is only one campsite in Le Touquet and that is for hiring caravans/mobile homes only [Camping Stoneham - you can find details on ukcampsite website].

If you want to actually camp with a tent the nearest place seems to be in Etaples just over the river from Le Touquet [Camp Municipal de la Pinede - you can find a few details on the camping France website]. I am planning on staying there in a few weeks...

wakefield
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping

previous poster is correct. There is no actual campsite (where you can turn up with a tent or caravan) in Le Touquet. The camping la Pinede in Etaples is about 4 miles away and we have stayed there numerous times. It is clean and pretty quiet although there is a kids play area near to the tent section which could disturb your lie ins !

It has a bar and (quite good) restaurant (no pool) on site and it is easily walkable to the centre of Etaples. Cost is about 15 Euros per day for a tent.

There are taxis in Le Touquet which you can use, cost to Etaples - about 25 Euros.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Malmsteen.

England
Level Contributor
167 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping

Oooh Malmsteen! Can l please pick your brains as you have stayed at the campsite in Etaples.

I was thinking of taking a camping stove rather than eating out all the time but my boyfriend wants to buy some nice local fish and BBQ! I don't suppose you know if we are allowed to do that there as l know some campsites don't let you? Also are there facilities to wash up etc?

And one last question! We are also taking our bikes which will on a bike rack on the car but are a bit worried about them being secure. Do you know if they have a bike shed or anything like that?

Thanks very much!

wakefield
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping

Reply to Belly1505 - sorry for delay in replying, we have been away!

BBQ - yes they are allowed on site. We spent 2 days here as part of June hols and I took my trusty cast iron BBQ. There are some excellent Poissoneries in Etaples so you will be spopilt for choice. We bought a Whole Turbot for about 25 Euros and made champagne and cream sauce on the camping stove! - superb.

Also look out for the little stalls selling fresh scallops on the harbourside - marvellous.

Washing Up - Yes, plenty of facilities, hot water etc.

Bike Security - can't comment as we didn't take them but you could ask at reception if theres anywhere secure.

Have a good time (assuming you haven't already been and gone that is!)

Malmsteen.

England
Level Contributor
167 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping

Thanks so much for the info - we left the day after you posted this so it was perfect timing. Had a super time over there yet again. Campsite was fine - we camped in a far corner and it was all pretty quiet though the wind was absolutely crazy - l think because of the trees it was just so loud. Didn't mind it though, it was actually quite soothing for sleep and covered the noise of children playing in the morning! Had a bit of a shock when a train roared past though, had no idea the track was right there!

Had some super barbies [didn't use our newly bought gas stove once!] with fresh languoustine and salmon from the fish shop in Etaples and lovely steak from Atac supermarket just by the campsite - v pleased to find that there.

Shall definitely stay there again - we cycled the 4 or so miles into Le Touquet each day and locked our bikes up in various places there with no worries. Can't believe a pint cost more than London though, crazy...

6. Re: Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 23:21
Get answers to your questions about Le Touquet...