We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Which Le Touquet – Paris-Plage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Topic
Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Just that ....can anyone who has been a few times to Le Touquet in the summer months say which month is the warmest for sunbathing etc.

I hope you dont say August 'cos we did August a couple of years back and we had continuous rain.. everyday...everyhere...absolutely awful.!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

What about going in July?

myweather2.com/Holiday-Destinations/…

You can never guarantee the weather though.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Beanyboy,

I really wouldn't want to try and guess the weather anywhere these days but the hottest month that we were ever there was July. It's pretty much the same as the south in the UK - no guarantees unfortunately :-(

April in the UK last year - mini heatwave - April 2010 - heavy snow - says it all!

Sarah

x

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Thanks to Tarry. That site you give looks pretty interesting. I am much obliged.

Hi there Sarah...long time no hear/speak.

Tis good to hear from you again. You may remember that my last visit to

Tukers (which was in fact our first) turned out to be a disaster 'cos it rained nonstop. It was absolutely horrendous. I had a bad tooth problem too and we came back early. We liked the place however but it has made us nervous about going back in case the location is one of those that always seems to catch bad weather if there is any around.

We stayed at the Bristol which was very nice but having a made an online enquiry this week they are fully booked already, so that has also

put " her indoors" off the idea.

Have you has any experience of any other Hotel there that is half decent and central.

KInd regards

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Hi Beanyboy,

It has been a while and so sorry to hear your last trip didn't go to well. We popped over to L'Enduro in Feb and caught all the snow - that was fun and a tad cold but a great weekend.

We stayed at Le Chalet - just down the road from the Bristol (full at the time)- not quite the same as it's just a B&B but the hostess Miriam was lovely, the place was clean, just as convenient as the Bristol but no bar if you fancied a late night tipple - but saying that we just popped into the Bristol on our way back if we fancied one - literally a 3 miute walk so still a great location and much cheaper than the Bristol! I did a review but here's the link to the hotel http://lechalet.fr/hotel-le-touquet/index.php - if you can get it ask for the balcony room at the front - not massive but enough space if you know what I mean but a lovely balcony to stand out on and watch the street view and sea if you really crane your neck to the right. I think we paid 70 Euros for the night excluding breakfast.

As I say not in the same league as the Bristol - but we really liked it, very French and quaint.

We've also had some good weather late June but in all honesty if you take the south of the UK as a guideline you won't go far wrong!

Sarah

x

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Hi again Sarah

Thanks for coming back. Thanks too for that information. Very very useful and I'll certainly look into what you have offered.

We hav'nt made up ur minds entirely yet but I do hope that we can make it.

I'll letyou know.

Thanks again.

K.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

My pleasure Beanyboy,

Would be good to hear what you decide and when but the Chalet is certainly a good 2nd option............infact we said we would definately stay there again and whilst we didn't partake in the breakfast, the spread did look really good :-)

Happy Travels

Sarah

x

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

hi beany boy,

yes i remember bad augusts there too.

but, will be staying again in stella plage this august - am i mad.?..yep.

there must be one august that will turn out nice and sunny and warm..

ah, well, i can only dream..

but i have a picfture of me at a beach bar in le touquet with blue sky...

dave.

( just to say that my wife is making me go to Nice in may for hotter weather)

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Hi Dave

Thanks for coming back on this one . Yep I dont think we will chance August again in "Tukers." Ours was an utter washout.

You are a lucky son of a gun getting to go to NIce. I wish we could do that.

We have'nt made any final arrangements yet 'cos we have a few "medical" things going on but as soon as we are able, we will decide where to go.

Have a good hol: Ar n't you brave chancing Stella ?

regards

Ken (beanyboy)

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,320 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Hi Ken

Good to see you. It was a timely reminder that I need to note those viaducts and bridges on my way down on Thursday!

Judy

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Warmest time for a holiday in Le Touquet

Hi there Judy

What a Star you are . I really appreciate you coming back on that. I had'nt forgotton but I am glad you have now remembered and yes , if you can do the "Recce"I would be absolutely delighted cos it may now become all the more necessary to know how the situation is for bridges and viaducts,

Would it be too much to ask if you could remind me of your destination and route again 'cos I had bit of a blip with my computer and I think I have lost our previous ' natter ' on the subject.

Great to hear form you.

Best regards

Ken

Get answers to your questions about Le Touquet...
Recent Conversations