We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All that`s missing

Which Golfo Aranci hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
6 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
All that`s missing

We spent 4 days in Golfo Aranci at the end of September 2009. It rained every day. We also had thunder and lighting. Just unlucky, but this is what I thought.

The natural landscape around Golfo Aranci is beautiful with clear waters and mountains for a backdrop. However were nature ends and man took over is where the problem lies. The town is more or less a one street town a bit like the towns in the old cowboy films. It was VERY quiet, all that was missing was the tumble weed. The buildings are aesthetically bland and do nothing to compliment the natural landscape. The world ends between 1pm and 4pm, fine if you can sunbathe otherwise you are confined to your accommodation.There is a lot of new hotels/apartments under construction which will put further strain on the limited resources of the town. It was also very expensive to eat out with prices comparable to Rome or Florence( but not quite Dublin ) If you decide to come in the main season I`m sure there will be a lot more places open and if you hire a car you will get to see a lovely part of Europe but do not expect Sorrento.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All that`s missing

Unfortunately you visited the wrong part of the island out of season, Alghero and Cagliari are best from September to March. It rained also here butthe end of September its not un common after 6 months of no rain.

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All that`s missing

Scorcheo, I agree with you on Golfo Aranci - we only go there for the mainland ferries. Given the ferry traffic and associated pollution, fish farms and poor facilities it never ceases to amaze me how many people return there for their summer holidays, surrounding scenery aside.

However regarding your point:

"The world ends between 1pm and 4pm,"

The 'Siesta' is par for the course across much of the Med not just Sardinia.

Not surprisingly, your average Sardinian tourist in the UK will be initially perplexed by the opening hours there, lol.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All that`s missing

yes the world may end from 1-4, but in the summer nights every things open until 1 or 2 am...

4. Re: All that`s missing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Golfo Aranci
Recent Conversations
More Golfo Aranci Topics