We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday inn, quarto d'altino

england
3 posts
Save Topic
holiday inn, quarto d'altino

we suffered more than 200 insect bites, from bed bugs

while staying at this hotel for 3 nights in july 06

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

It's taken you a long time to warn others.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
879 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

WOW - is this from the HI or the HI express?

i just booked 3 nights at the HI - but will remove them - cant do the bed bugs.

btw - you state july 06???

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

I reckon they were not bed bugs but probably mosquitos given that July is a hot and humid month and Venice and surrounding areas are built around a series of canals.

All you have to do is sleep with the window open and a light on to wake up next morning looking like a patchwork quilt!!!!

england
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

wonga

this were bed bugs, we fond around 20 in the bed,

we too had put the bits down to mozzies until then,

we have heard from 2 other couples who had the same prob

the date should have read july 05 please excuse

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

I stayed there we 2 other people in Sep 05 and there was no sign of bed bugs - i did get the odd bite whilst in actual Venice but no, I would say this hotel is very very clean and of high standards - so much so I am going back in Jul 06. Zoe

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

Actually I am a little confused - On the other review websites you claim to have suffered bed bugs at the holiday inn express but now you claim this at the holiday inn hotel. There is a difference - If you are going to slate somewhere you should really quote the place correctly - this site is supposed to help people not misinform them!

Holiday Inn hotel is def. spotless.

uk
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

we also stayed at the holiday inn express quarto d' altino

and saw bed bugs, we checked out the same day

Mirano, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday inn, quarto d'altino

i live here and work in a studfarm since two years so i know the stories about this hotel. they also had a case of legionela and a person from norway was sick. but after that they changed manegement and i think its a god hotel now..its a village that have near to everything. train takes just 20 minutes to venice and the beach jesolo is 25 minutes away with bus. i can also recomend a visit in treviso its 30 minutes by bus. in the village there are some litle resturants a god one is il vechio decimo in the middle of the village. and for luxery is villa odin very nice...if you need more information my meil is caku31@hotmail.com my name is karin

Get answers to your questions about Quarto D'Altino