We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Croix de Vieux Pont

london
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
La Croix de Vieux Pont

Hi we are hoping to travel to La Croix de Vieux Pont next year and wondered what the best position of mobile homes is. We are looking at one overlooking the lake and wondered if this is a nice sunny position. Also I have read that the site arranges coaches to Disneyland Paris, does anyone know if this is just a coach or is the entrance including in the price and also how much it is. Also has anyone travelled with Lifestyle Holidays? Many thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,400 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

Hi Jane,

There are three lakes, the fishing lake, the swimming lake and the lower lake.

The fishing lake can get quite busy. The side closest to the road is sunnier than the side closest to the river (this is relevant to most of the site). Sometimes you can be woken at night by people fishing late.

The swimming lake is lovely (we've taken homes here a few times). But if the weather is good (as it was this year when we were there) people can swim there late at night and make noise.

We haven't stayed further down but it looks lovely and its quieter. However it is that bit further from the pool etc.

We haven't taken the bus to Disney so I can't help you there. But as far as I know the bus price is separate to the ticket price. You can certainly buy tickets for Disney at reception.

We travel with Keycamp.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

As Bean says, the coach price is just for the coach

DLP tickets are a separate cost - an adult ticket starts at £52

The coach is €16 per adult and €13 per child (check next year for any increases)

www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/accueil.php

Prices are under Services > Excursions

Personally, having done DLP by coach from the site I wouldn't choose to do so again

If you are going during the summer months you leave far to early for any firework displays at closing time

I've not used the site coach for a trip to Paris but I probably would do because of parking and how busy Paris is. I refuse to drive in London and Paris is a lot busier

Prices for the coach to Paris can also be found on the web page for LCDVP and are slightly higher in price

london
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

Thank you that's so helpful. Also do you know if anyone can fish on the lake or do you need a licence to use a proper fishing line?? Thanks

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

You need a licence

They can be bought locally at Chez Micheline for the river fishing, which is not far from the site - not sure if they are available on the camp site itself.

I think it's a separate permit for the lake fishing

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

As far as I know you get licence for the lake from kiosk on the site that also sells some fishing gear. We travelled with Lifestyle Holidays and mobile homes were really good. Don't see much of the reps even on check in and departure. My parents stayed in a Canvas caravan the next time and felt it was smaller than the Lifestyle one from year before. We are booked again with Lifestyle for this summer so hope they are still as good.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

AFAIK, the kiosk permits are for the on site lakes and the permits you get in Chez Michelin are for the river and the rest of the local area. It's a different fish you catch so different permits

You can check when you get there though :)

hth

Edited: 23 February 2014, 10:41
Waterlooville...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

Beware if you are going for the Carp fishing, the rules have just changed drastically, ie no night fishing (8-dusk) only, no bivvies, only brollies and the price has more than trippled €132. I have just cancelled my booking and will not be returning after going there for more than 20 years. plus there was a big fish kill there last year so there are far fewer fish to catch, (both lakes).

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

The fish were culled for a reason - there were far too many and some were dying with no reasons found as to why, just yet.

I'm not sure the site itself has control over the when you can fish, permits are for the local area, not just on site. For river fishing you need a different permit, so it could be the local council that have set these new rules. Without further investigation, no one can say why they have changed

Waterlooville...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

Sorry but you are wrong. The fish were not culled. they died due to lack of oxygen in the water due to the extreme heat wave experienced in France in may last year after an extremely cold winter spell. Also it,s the site Management that have implemented the new fishing rules on their lakes, the local Carte peche permits are for the river and the area lakes not the campsite. I spoke to an angler last year who was fishing when the carp were dying and he was netting big fish by the "bucket load" and when he asked the owner to aerate the lakes he was ignored.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Croix de Vieux Pont

A lot of the lakes in Picardy are having the same problem, they can't all need to be aerated - and being ignored when asking it to be could be a hint that that is not the real issue

There is rumour around the region it is deliberate, but as no one can tell for sure what it is, there has been no real news

Edited: 13 March 2014, 16:59
Get answers to your questions about Berny Riviere