We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curso de flamenco...

Quebec
2 posts
Save Topic
Curso de flamenco...

Estoy buscando por un curso intensivo de flamenco por una semana en Jerez... Parece que existe escuela que no son solamente por los touristos... desde poco mas de 2 anos que yo tomo curso en Quebec, Canada...

Algunas personas conocen un contacto de una escuela de flamenco?

Gracias!

Julie Lamothe

Pasadena...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curso de flamenco...

I am also looking for a flamenco teacher but only for one or two days/ hours to teach my 20-year-old, acoustic guitar playing nephew right hand trilling, stacatto, and a song.

I am also interested in someone who will take us to see local studios, not tourist places, to see guitars being crafted and made... and sold.

Any tips on who to contact in Jerez (or Sevilla or other places in Andalucia, for that matter!)

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curso de flamenco...

There are no tourist guitar making places in Jerez, in fact, there is very little tradition of guitar making in Jerez. There is Valeriano Bernal, who has his "taller" in Algodonales, 70 km to the east of Jerez.

For guitar lessons, just about anyone could teach your nephew those flamenco basics. Perhaps the best and most accessible teacher in Jerez for flamenco beginners is El Carbonero, who has his guitar academy on calle San Miguel. He will also do private lessons.

Pasadena...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curso de flamenco...

Julie, thank you for the info. Do you know how I might contact the teacher?

Oh, and I am looking for an artisan and workshop/ studio where guitars are made-- in order to possibly buy one for my nephew... this is not a tourist escapade!

4. Re: Curso de flamenco...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 08:26