We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a night in jerez?

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
a night in jerez?

Hi

I am flying into Jerez for a break in medini Sedonia. Just wondering if its worth me staying a night in Jerez, never been before and dont kknow what it has to offer (other than sherry!)?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,446 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a night in jerez?

Jerez is actually important for flamenco as well as sherry . Also famous for the equestrian display at the Royal Equestrian School; Thursdays all year and really worth going to even if you're not "horsey". We aren't and we loved it.

Jerez is of course much bigger than Medina Sidonia and is well worth looking round so I wd say do stay a night. Sherry bodega visit is interesting too.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a night in jerez?

I think it depends on the night, and what is happening around town (at least, with regards to seeing flamenco). Or you could easily do a day trip to Jerez if you are based in Medina Sidonia, 15 minutes away).

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
274 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a night in jerez?

You will be able to drive back into Jerez easily from MS. Otherwise I recommend a bodega visit and a bit of R&R in the arab baths and the Hotel Bellas Artes. Click on 'more about eld1969' as I have posted (with hyperlinks) on previous posts.

Emma

4. Re: a night in jerez?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera