We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

Which Jerez De La Frontera hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
182 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

Hello! I have two days to see Cadiz and Jerez de la Frontera before going to Seville. I'm interested in the sherry tasting and also the beautiful coastline and beaches. Is it better to stay in Cadiz and do a day trip to Jerez or stay in Jerez and visit Cadiz? I'd like to spend both nights in the same hotel and will have a car, so that's a consideration (cannot afford to pay for parking).

Would really appreciate any advice and/or hotel recommendations. We will be driving in from Malaga, if that's any help.

Thanks so much!

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

What time of the year are you coming? If it is in the late spring or summer months, I would base myself in Cadiz and visit Jerez as a day trip. Otherwise, base yourself in Jerez and visit Cadiz. Parking in Cadiz can be a bit more of a headache, although Jerez hasn't made driving around the centre all that easy either.

As for hotels, you should probably specify what you're looking for (i.e. your budget).

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
182 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

thanks chano!

we are in spain right now and slated for cadiz/jerez on the 25th. still haven´t made reservations :(

looking for a pleasant budget hotel. love bed and breakfasts as long as they´re known to be clean. good breakfast is a plus. would also love something by the beach or walking distance from it anyway. any recommendations will be appreciated.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
364 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

Hi Bostonian,

You must be back by now. can you share your experiences with Cadiz-Jerez hotels?

It may help us decide on one for this spring.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

We too are dithering about which one to stay in, had thought it would be Cadiz but are not quite sure about the accommodation, it seems to be either small scale or huge and modern, we would prefer something older but with a pool and all modern comforts, is that too much to ask?! We plan to spend about ten days in the area, mostly to chill out but also to do some exploring and sherry tasting.

We also like to get out in the evening and find interesting places to have dinner in, preferably without having to use the car, which centre would be better for that? Would appreicate comments.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

Very good restaurants in Cadiz:

1. Restaurante Arte Serrano

Paseo Maritimo, 2

Tel. 956-288-160

Wonderful meals with great presentation. Located at Playa Victoria.

2. Mariscos La Marea

Paseo Maritimo, 1

Tel. 956-250-812

In Jerez.

Meson Cabildo

San Dionisio, 2

Tel. 956-322-735

This restaurant serves home style cooking and is very good and moderately priced. The owner is very friendly and tries to please.

Located at Playa Victoria.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

Thanks for that, we finally decided to stay at the Barcelo Montecastillo resort as it seems to have everything we want, and we can do trips out to visit Cadiz, Jerez town and the beach etc... reviews seem a bit mixed, we'll report back afterwards!

Thanks for help on this and other Andalusia forums.

7. Re: Stay in Cadiz or Jerez?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera