We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zambombas

Which Jerez De La Frontera hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Zambombas

I'll be spending December 22 - 26 in Jimena de la Frontera and then December 26 - 30 in Sevilla with my husband, sister- and brother-in-law (all in our 30's) and my parents-in-law (in their 60's). We will have a care while in Jimena, and would like to enjoy local Christmas culture. I've heard that Jerez has wonderful flamenco-style caroling parties around Christmas. Is there a good way for visitors to take part in these parties? Is there anyplace that publishes information about them? Any other ideas for places to visit and enjoy Christmastime? Thanks so much for your help!

(We'll be in Madrid for Three King's Day! Looking forward to that as well!)

Seville, Andalucia...
Level Contributor
107 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zambombas

Jimena is far away from Jerez, I'd stay in Jimena area, which is very very nice. You'll probably find interesting things going on there. I think that zambombitas in Jerez are not public shows, but parties organized by groups of people, which may be as big as a kind of association, brotherhood or so. This would mean that you would need to be invited by somebody belonging to the club, but I may be wrong. People more familiar with Jerez will tell you about.

Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zambombas

Thanks so much, Fernando! Do you have any ideas for enjoying Sevilla at that time of year? We will be there just after Christmas.

Seville, Andalucia...
Level Contributor
107 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zambombas

Appart from visiting the main monuments, I'd just go around the city center and see what's going on. Here, when you say 'after Christmas' you mean after Jan. 6th, so if you come earlier you may see many Christmas things. I don't remember any concrete festival or so, but last time I spent Christmas here was more than ten years ago.

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zambombas

You won't have any problem finding zambombas going on in Jerez, many of which are open to the public, even the brotherhoods associated with the various parishes around town allow visitors in, and a lot of zambombas take place outside.

You're better off trying to come in the days leading up to Christmas Eve as there normally aren't zambombas after the 25th. However as Fernando rightly points out, you are actually quite a ways away from Jerez in Jimena, it'll be a bit difficult to do unless you can find afternoon zambombas. Most are evening affairs but the weekend of Dec 22-23 you are bound to come across something around mid-day..Plaza Plateros is a good place to head for tapas and from there you might find something or might be able to ask someone in the know. Good luck and I hope you get to see one, it is one of the best traditions Jerez has here!

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zambombas

Here is the 2012 schedule

www.jerezciudad.com/agenda/evento.php…

Ay, chano... how I wish I could be in Jerez to see one of them..

6. Re: Zambombas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera