We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamenco classes for children/teens around Jerez in June?

Tomsk, Tomsk, Russia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Flamenco classes for children/teens around Jerez in June?

I'm going to spend a whole month of June 2013 in Jerez with my 9-year-old daughter who attends flamenco classes here in Russia. My primary goal is to "immerse" her into Andalusian culture, so it would be nice if there are any flamenco classes for children.

Any other recommendations are also highly appreciated: on ferias, on anything related to flamenco, on language classes/teachers for children.

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,687 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamenco classes for children/teens around Jerez in June?

There is a central libabry and information place in the heart of Jerez that may be able to assist you ? Possibly. Take a look through :

CENTRO ANDALUZ DE FLAMENCO

either Facebook

www.facebook.com/CentroAndaluzdeFlamenco

or

juntadeandalucia.es/cultura/…

During Feb/March each year there is a festival of flamenco with performances combined with classes. Always popular.

jerez.es/nc/…

Individual teachers may be several however difficult to know what comes first - language or dance. Perhaps look at this web page and make contact with them for some feedback ?

www.academiadebailejerez.com/profeso.htm

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamenco classes for children/teens around Jerez in June?

If you are interested, DM me for a very complete rundown of flamenco teachers in Jerez.

I'm of the opinion that you don't really need to know Spanish to get a lot out of taking dance here in Jerez..it is all about the "arte y compas", I've seen many people come here to learn and the transmission of the art knows no language.

3. Re: Flamenco classes for children/teens around Jerez in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 07:18