We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

Few posts back, there was a list of parking places in Jerez. But the question about "safe" parking was left unanswered. Should I take it that when we come back after several hours, the car left in the public parking could be be cleaned out of its contents?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

I wouldn't say it's a forgone conclusion, but in general it's wiser to not have anything in view. If the luggage is not in sight then I'd say chances are low that someone would try to break in to a vehicle parked in a guarded garage. That being said, I've had friends who've had their cars broken into in broad daylight here, so ultimately you decide if you want to take the risk.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,558 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

Chano .... I have visited some of the main underground parking garages in Jerez including those at Plaza de Mamelón and Plaza del Arenal and so far have never seen any problem with break ins etc.

I am wondering if your friends had their cars parked inside any public car park or if they were broken into on some side street maybe overnight ??.

When I use one of these underground car parks I have to admit that I try to find a space as near to the manned ticket office as possible and never leave anything on show of course.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

I have never had a problem with my car being broken into, but as said the risk is alwas there. I have been driving in the area for over 40 years, but l guess l should be knocking on wood, maybe l have been very LUCKY.

As said, if you do this, make sure all is hidden, HOPEFULLY you will not have a problem.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

I would do exactly as you do in Toronto assuming you are not in the habit of leaving a camera, IPod, IPad, etc sitting on a passenger seat. Like anywhere else put small items in the passenger drawer and bigger items in the boot (trunk) with the back passenger shelf in place. and lock the vehicle Like the others who have already commented I spend time in this area of Spain every year, generally six weeks each year, and I have never had a problem.

Saludos. Lindsay

5. Re: Day trip to Jerez - leaving luggage in the car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera