We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend attractions in Jerez

Level Contributor
66 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend attractions in Jerez

We are staying in Jerez this weekend - Friday to Monday - and I am concerned that tourist attractions and bodegas will be closed. Can anyone suggest things to see/do - much as I would be happy to spend the weekend eating tapas and drinking sherry!!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,837 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend attractions in Jerez

Presume that you have not been to Jerez before nor the area ?

Certainly you should find more to do on Friday/Saturday but Sunday is traditionally "day off" and maybe you would like o head to the sea ? A trip down to Cadiz using train is nice and a walk along the walls of the old city plus stopping to see the sights/ Or whenever I am wanting a trip to Cadiz I always consider using the catamaran ferry that crosses the Bay of Cadiz from El Puerto de Santa Maria to the main port in the old city. Makes for a pleasant open air ride and not too expensive.

get to El Puerto using a train (there are local stopping trains called Cercanias which are cheapest or the others that arrive from Seville heading down to Cadiz.) Walk from the train station along the river side through the town and you will eventually find the catamaran ferry terminal. You can take the ferry over then return using the train?

But for published things going on in Jerez then certainly consult the updated info sheets online or you can find them from the tourism office which is on the main square called Plaza del Arenal which is also not far from the old castle and cathedral..

2. Re: Weekend attractions in Jerez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera