We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

Staying at this small hotel is a wonderful relaxing experience. The personal service and ambience put it on a par with some of the great places to stay in the world, such as the Taj in Bombay or Raffles in Singapore - on a much smaller scale, of course.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,880 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

I have stayed in the Taj but sadly not Raffles. I find it difficult to compare what are very grand colonial edifices from the British days to a rather modest building in Jerez that has undergone plenty of plasterboarding and stitching together to make a fancy boarding house. It does appear though that Monika with her efficient concerned attentive and always ready to jump to her guests service is the biggest asset of this small hotel. There is none of the impersonal and anonymous feeling of Taj type hotels here. In fact if Monika is not at her desk waiting for your to re-enter then you feel that she is not that far away. Clearly as guide, mentor, confidante and mein hostess ,she is very welcome for guests who have not discovered this part of Spain before. Maybe the Taj in Bombay should employ a few Monikas?

London
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

I keep hearing about the Casa Grande but have so far failed to find any concrete information about booking and room rates. If you can help -I'd be very grateful for a telephone no. and approx. cost. I'm visiting Jerez later in the year. Thank you.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

Typing "Casa Grande Jerez" on Google yielded the following website:

www.casagrande.com.es

-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

Wow. I'd like to see this hotel and willl check out the web-site,- thanks.Thanks for the tip Okapis. Guess it's fairly expensive? Going back to Jerez early next year, tend not to go 5*

However, I'm not at all sure how a comparrision with The Taj or any hotel in India bears reference.

I think India has some of the finest hotels on earth but they remain Indian hotels for me, I spent sevceral months staying in some top hotels but not sure I'd what the same 'ambience' in Spain.

When in Rome.... no?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

I think Okapis1 may have set the bar too high here- Casa Grande is definitely one of the nicer places to stay in a town with fairly mediocre hotels, but the Taj it most certainly is NOT!

-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

Chano. IMO, a good thing too, wonderful when in India but personally I don't go to spainb for that 'type' of hotel experience.

Less is more...

7. Re: La Casa Grande, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera