We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

canary islands
Level Contributor
398 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

Hi all,

We will be arriving by train from Seville (not sure what time), about how long a walk to the equestrian school or would we be better off just getting a taxi? I think we'll be going to the Sandeman distillery next, what else can we see before heading back to Seville?

Thanks

CS

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,886 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

Yes I would get a taxi then maybe walk back. Across from the Sandeman visit place is the riding school's museum of carriages and other horsey parts which you should find interesting

www.realescuela.org/en/museoeng.cfm…

The main pedestrian shopping street Calle Larga leads you on to the Plaza del Arenal and if you have the energy this is the old quarter with its castle and cathedral and plenty of old streets. Take a look at the Google map of the area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

Its a long walk from the station so take a taxi. Sandamans is just around the corner from the royal horse school so within easy walking distance. Try lunch in Jerez places such as Meson Asedor the one just off the street from plaza arenal meat place with cheap tapas or Albores off plaza arenal Meat fish restaurant English speaking friendly staff with English menus. Both firm favourites of mine.

Enjoy your trip. For a more serious sherry tasting with quality products I prefer Lustau

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

Canary:

The distance from the train station to the Horse School is 2.2 km walking.

The address of the train station is Plaza Estacion de Renfe, S/N.

The address of the Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre is Avenida Duque de Abrantes, s/n.

You can use Google Maps to get a map and route for walking.

There is a taxi stand at the train station.

canary islands
Level Contributor
398 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

Many thanks for all that info, I think the idea of getting a taxi & then walking back along the sights is going to be best.

CS

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

When in Jerez we will need to do laundry, any laundry stores in Jerez?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

We will need to do laundry, any places in Jerez?

7. Re: Train station to Royal Horse School Show, walk or taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:15