We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing flamenco during day time

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Seeing flamenco during day time

I'm visiting Jerez for a day on March 7 or 8, and I would like to see flamenco dancing but we won't be staying until the night. Is there anywhere we can see flamenco during the day?

Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeing flamenco during day time

Pocha:

All flamenco in Spain is performed only at night.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,880 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeing flamenco during day time

On the Saturday 8th March you should be able to see flamenco at 1pm at the sherry home of Tio Pepe called Bodegas González Byass which also have ordinary tours of the sherry bodega that are quite popular. Am unsure exactly what this special flamenco show actually is but on the Jerez city web site for the Flamenco Festival which ends on Saturday 8th March it does list this performance and you can book tickets using the Festival ticket purchasing web site TELENTRADA :

https://www.telentrada.com/Telentrada/en/Compra+on-line

Go to Jerez then Much+ then Venue : Bodega González Byass etc.

Tickets are €12 and over 30 available. The special event includes 5 different "copas" of sherry so if you like to learn some more about sherry wines then this is also a good chance !!

If you want more information you can contact González Byass direct :

http://www.bodegastiopepe.com/en/contact

I am unsure about the Friday 7th for any daytime Flamenco because the Festival is coming to an end and there are 3 performances at different venues in the evening only.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 06:52
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeing flamenco during day time

Hi,

Thank you.

I had found about that and sent them an email asking if there will be flamenco dancing in the show, if there is it would be perfect.

Thanks!

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeing flamenco during day time

Well, this is news to me that all flamenco in Spain is only performed at night!

Pocha, If you are around all day Saturday March 8, you can see about finding flamenco at the following venues:

Bar Trocha - Calle Caballeros 13, usually starts around 2-3 p.m.

Tabanco El Pasaje - Calle Santa Maria 8, great live flamenco from about 1:30 p.m.

Bar More- Calle Santa Rosa usually gets going around 3-4 p.m.

These are not dance performances per se, but they are as flamenco as it gets, and some dance is sure to be involved. Enjoy the best flamenco scene in Spain, if not the world!

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeing flamenco during day time

Almost forgot, Bar Las Cuadras in plaza la Asunción. Flamenco on Fridays starts at 5 p.m.

All during the day. All fantastic (and I should mention, free of charge, though you should really eat/drink at the bar).

6. Re: Seeing flamenco during day time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera