We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Hi i am going to pefkos in 2 weeks time and would like a couple of nights in Lindos for eating out. Would like a place with good food and a nice ambiance. My favourite in Pefkos is the Phillosophia as thart has tremendous food and great ambiance so would like to find a gem in Lindos.

Thanks for your help

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

if u like philosophia tyry any of Mavrikos (the best), Arhontiko or Broccolino. Can recommend all 3

John

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Ambrosia is one of the best in Lindos but high end like Mavrikos and Arhontiko (mentioned in the previous post). Ambrosia can be found near Giorgos Bar, their speciality is catch of the day (often Sea Bream/Sea Bass) filleted at your table.

Broccolino (also mentioned in the previous post) is away from the main run of restaurants, you head out towards Pallas Beach and it's on a corner oppposite Rainbird Bar. It's Italian and though the menu is very limited the food is really fresh and top quality.

A couple of others that i really like are Symposio (on the main run, near Antika Bar) and Stefanys (near Museum Bar).

There's many others i love to visit but i could go on forever...!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Acroppolis is nice, but its big and over about 3 floors, so not really much atmosphere but always plenty of space on teh roof terrace- I really liked the cassa della pizza up the side street by the donkey station & close to Lindos By Night Bar - if you are after a "full english breakfast" Georgios is a must - they stop doing food about 3pm ish I think....... Il Palazzetto is a nice (but expensive) italian - follow signs for the town hall & its on the way to St Pauls Bay, its in a courtyard which makes it different to the other "rooftop" types ...

one for Marcus - where is Rainbird bar ? I have heard it mentioned in a few posts, and have been to Lindos twice and dont recall ever seeing it ! is it tucked away somethere?

thanks guys

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Follow the route the donkeys take through the village to the Acropolis (watch where you step!), you come to a corner with Broccolinos Restaurant in front of you. The donkeys turn right and go uphill, Rainbird is just off the slope down to your left (which if you carry on down leads to Pallas beach).

Nice place to stop for a beer on your way up from the beach or an early evening drink as the views are great.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Hi where about is mavrikos is it easy to find i allways get lost in lindos. Also what has happened to the lindianway website was wanting a map of lindos as that used to show you where everything was.?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Mavrikos is very easy to find, it's in the main square right by the taxi rank. It's still a nice place to eat but in my opinion not as good as it used to be. Actually, talking of Mavrikos, i missed one recommendation - Odyssia (close to Pals Bar, there's a lemon tree in the courtyard), chef from Mavrikos is now working there and the food is great and more than plentiful if you've got a good appetite.

The Lindian Way website closed and i think it's a real shame but the lady that set the site up (Elli) left to have a baby and nobody really had the same interest or commitment after that.

If you private message me your email address i'll try and dig out a map that i did for one of my friends and scan it. It's not brilliant but worked ok for them!

Pudsey, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Sympossio serve beautiful food, opposite the Red Rose Bar on the main street down through Lindos.

The only restaurant we found we did not like was Dionysis as it was overcrowded with tables packed in far too tightly and the food we had was overly rich.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

We virtually tried them all and couldn't keep away from The Kalypso... fab food!

It is down a side straight - when you have found the Acroplis walk a few metres and there is a right turn, where you will be The Kalypso - great views over Lindos, it is an historic restaurant... you can visit their website : www.kalypsolindos.gr

Nottingham, England...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

I would also recommend Caesar's restaurant (on the donkey path to the acropolis).

Fantastic atmosphere as the owners are really brilliant. Have peppered steak it's lush!

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos restaurants please recomend your favourites

Cheers everybody spoilt for choice will do a posting when i get back .Only 3 days to go can not wait. Yipee