We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Weather Forecast

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
The Weather Forecast

Hi all,

I know I posted a topic afew days ago asking about the weather in Pefkos in October, but I just thought i'd bug you all again about the weather and ask what are the best weather forecast websites to use to find out the temperature in Pefkos/Lindos?

I was reading previous posts on here and somebody said that the majority of the weather websites take their weather reading from Rhodes airport and that you should add atleast another 5 Degrees Celcius onto that reading to find out how hot it is in Pefkos/Lindos. Just wondered if this was true?

Just waiting on my boyfriends passport to arrive, (should be here next week) so we can book our week in Pefkos. Can't decided on either the 3rd or the 10th October.

I have been on www.wunderground.com and had a look at previous years of weather in October for Rhodes and was stunned to see that there were hardly ANY days that had sunshine...majority was cloudy, overcast or scattered showers! But on here, you all say the weather is still gorgeous in October...not quite sure what to go by? lol.

Thanks in advance :)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Weather Forecast

I always look on holiday-weather.com its pretty good we were in Pefkos 2 years ago i loved it i would hire a car and travel round Rhodes its brillant and try to visit Symi Rhodes Town is worth visiting too have a lovely holiday

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Weather Forecast

Hi there

Yes - that is true. The airport sits on the west coast which is far windier and therefore a little cooler. Lindos is on the sheltered east coast and is reputedly the warmest spot on the island and an extra 5 degrees would be about right.

We've been to Lindos/Pefkos/Rhodes Town and Kiotari over the years in early October and always had good weather, just the occasional cloudy day but never any rain. It's luck of the draw I guess.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Weather Forecast

Hi Kezz

I have only ever been to Lindos in the month of October, (this year going on 3rd, it will be my 4th visit) or very end sept/oct and the weather has always been brilliant. last year there was one day when it rained, and boy did it rain, never seen anything like it, the streets turned to rivers but it had all cleared up by the evening, it was actually quite a fun day!! Other than that have only experienced a few breezy days and one cloudy morning. Pefkos of course will be similar, though the Lindos bays are slightly more sheltered and so a little warmer. Remember Pefkos is very very quiet in October, there are bars and taverns open but the choice is limited and shops are closing and running down on stock. Lindos though still has enough going on right up until end October, a few tavernas and bars on the outskirts close but most are still open, a lot more going on and a lot more to see and do.

Try the BBC weather site or www.hmns.gr which is the Greek version of the met office.

happy travels

Barbara

Thornton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Weather Forecast

Hello

I have been going for the past 15 years in october and have very rarely seen cloud. I would not go off what the internet says, they have not recorded the temperatures of 56degrees that Lindos has had this summer.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Weather Forecast

Actually I find that the BBC web site is not reliable for Rhodes and gives some misleading temperatures. I find the best web site is the following link:

wunderground.com/global/stations/16749.html

This web site also give weather history therefore you can type in dates for previous years to give you an idea for a given period in the past.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Weather Forecast

Hi jamkart,

I did go on this website and it gave me very bad readings for last October and the previous October to that! The weather was cloudy, dull and rainy for the whole of October, but people on here always say they would probably get rain on just one day of being in Lindos/Pefkos. Conflicting Information!!!! Aggghhh!! lol.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Weather Forecast

Last October the weather in Rhodes was not as good as normal and I recall that they had a bad storm on one day where some English tourist drowned. If you look on earlier years I am sure you will see more typical weather in October.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Weather Forecast

Hi

I was there that day, as I said, I have never known rain like it, the streets of Lindos really did turn into rivers, we waded through water well over ankle deep and shops and houses were bailing out water, clothes etc..from shops was floating down the streets, we sheltered for a while in a travel agents near to the church, helping them bail water out. I have never seen anything like it and I couldn't have been more wet if I'd dived fully clothed in the sea. But by evening it was all gone and completely dry again next day! But in 2 weeks that was the only bad weather we had, the rest of the time it was very hot.

Babs

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Weather Forecast

hi.

lindos/pefkos area has the warmest climate in the whole island.

unfortunatelly rains like babs described are due to the global enviromental damage...

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Weather Forecast

Hi jamkart,

It said the weather in 2005 was not brilliant either.

My holiday is booked now anyways, so I guess it's just luck of the draw. From what people say on here, I am most likely to get some great weather :). Fingers crossed!

26 days and counting! Literally...I have a desktop countdown!!

Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations