We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late october in rhodes

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
2 posts
Save Topic
late october in rhodes

hi all, i am travelling to rhodes in october half term with my 11 year old son and am wondering what the weather will be like and we will have plenty to see and do in the pefkos/lardos area....any information would be greatly appreciated as it is always a little daunting travelling as a single parent. thanks Sarah

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: late october in rhodes

hi.

rhodes is one of my favourite greek islands.there are plenty of things to see.

definatelly a walk around the picturesque streets of the old town, and old harbour,visit the grand master's palace and the fortification around, tha archeological museum located in the old town, the street of the knights.there are charming cafes and taverns as well as many souvenir shops around.go for shopping in the new city-everything you need is there from every brand. visit the valley of butterflies, lindos acropolis, rhodes aquarium(small but beautiful).

these are some things you can do there are many more.rent a car-the roads in the island are in very good condition.

try also www.rhodes.gr(official site)

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: late october in rhodes

hi.

i forgot about the weather...

these last few days the weather in greece changed dramatically i can say.from around 37 degrees on celcious scale now is around 24. of course it is still very pleasant.rhodes it is in the southern end of greece so i believe in october the weather will be very pleasant and warm.have with you a light jacket for the cooler nights.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: late october in rhodes

Hi Sarah

Your eleven year old would love I'm sure the Old Town in Rhodes- lots of huge fortifications and battlements. The beach at Pefkos is very good as is Lardos and other beaches in the area such as Glystra which is the next one along from Lardos.

Buses run along the east coast so it's simple to get to Rhodes Town northwards or go a bit further south from Pefkos to see the Lindos Acropolis which again he will love.

Best of all, take him on a boat trip to Symi island - a wonderful day out for both of you. You can either book this via one of the local tour offices in Pefkos/lardos or simply turn up on the quayside in Rhodes Town and buy your tickets there which is cheaper.

nottingham
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: late october in rhodes

thank you for your replies and the information given. I will definately go over to symi this time, i have always wanted to see the island and im sure the boat trip in itself will be fun. I know we probably wont get tans at this time of year, but we are excited nevertheless about another trip to Greece.

5. Re: late october in rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 02:18