We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

Essex
Level Contributor
930 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

I've booked a suprise night at the lindos memories hotel in september , for my husband and me for our wedding annivesary

we are actually staying in pefkos .

now i have booked a half board deal but did wonder whether a resturant in lindos would be better ??

any opinions on both lindos memories and resturants in lindos ??

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

I have never stayed at Lindos memories, but for a romantic dinner you can't do better than in one of Lindos's many rooftop restaurants...with views of the acropolis lit up at night.. if you book in advance and tell them its a special occassion I am sure they will have a bottle of bubbly on ice if you ask them, and reserve the best table. Try Kalypso, Alex's, Dionysos, Stephany's, Odyssia, all have roofterrace dining. And cocktails later at Antika, very romantic..candles everywhere...

Essex
Level Contributor
930 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

i thought that the rooftop eating places were having their rooftops taken away ??

that bars sounds good though

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

No, just a few had their very top terraces closed, as some have more than one level. Its possible they will have them reinstated this year but not sure. If you need any websites/addresses/phone numbers just let me know.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

I know it's a very unfair question Babs, but if you had to choose one off the list you gave which would it be? It's my wife's birthday on our last full day in Lindos so somewhere a bit special would be nice.

Essex
Level Contributor
930 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

i'd love any links to any of the resturants that you have said .

just trying to case them out so i have it all planned .

hubbie prob thinks i'm having an affair on the net the amount of time i spend on it , lol

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

Kalypso for sure, food is great, and that little bit different to many other places.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

Haha janiebaby, thats so funny!

kalypso - www.kalypsolindos.gr

there 1s also Byzantino - www.byzantinolindos.gr

I only have telephone nos. for the rest...

Dionysos - 0030 22440 31810

Stephanys - 0030 22440 31656

Alex;s - 0030 22440 31572

ah I just thoght of Caesars - www.caesars-lindos.com

Hope this is of help.

southern england
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

Theres always Melenos for that special night!!! Wonderful view over the bay on one direction & the acropolis in the other!

the only disadvantage is its 5 mins walk from the main centre of the village but would be one I would short list for that special meal..................not that I have ever eaten there!! I am still waiting for the right occasion!

I believe sinatras also has a good reputation along with Ambrosia - both of which I have not been able to try as we always have hoards of kids with us & I think these 2 tend to be more adults places!!

Other than that I would have to go with Babs suggestions in particular Kalypso or ARCHONTIKO

You need a poll for this as there are so many places to choose from & each of us will have our own views as to which is preferable!!

Good Luck

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

no contest mavrikos rest. on square

Voted best chef in Greece this year.

southern england
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eating in lindos v lindos memories hotel for special dinner

Oh god I forgot about that one!!

My sister asked some greek friends who are residents in Lindos to take her for the best meal in town & that is where they took her!

Thanks for reminding me ! & I believe it doesnt carry the huge price tage that some of the other "top restaurants" have in the village.