We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atrium Palace

Waltham Abbey...
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Atrium Palace

We are thinking of booking to stay at the Atrium Palace for October half term with our teenage daughters (ages 13 and 15).

Are there bars, tavernas etc within walking distance and would hiring a car for part of our stay be a good idea?

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atrium Palace

There are some taverna's and restaurants within walking distance, but to have some variety you would have to go to Lindos. I would hire a car although there is a good taxi service

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atrium Palace

Definitely hire a car. Could be pretty quiet at Oct. break and teenagers might get a bit bored.Tend to be a lot of boring old farts around in Oct.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atrium Palace

Stayed here in 2005, lovely hotel. As said best bet is to head to Lindos.

There are a few bars, restaurants etc in Kalathos but pretty quiet.

FD

Birmingham
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atrium Palace

don't agree with 'a lot of old farts being there in Oct'

I was here in Oct 06 (the very last two weeks of Oct) and there was a good mix of guests age wise (and nationality wise)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atrium Palace

Hi

I have stayed in Kalathos for last 13 years although not at atrium Palace. I agree with rest of reviews that Lindos is a good bet but also pay a visit To Lardos fantastic resturants a car is a must though. Only one good bar in kalathos and that is Yannis he will give you a big welcome I got invited to his house last year he is a very funny guy and will make you feel very welcome.

Konstantina resturant next to Atrium is a must I go at least twice whilst I am there.

Anything else you need to know just ask I treat Kalathos as my second home now and have a lot of knowledge about the island

6. Re: Atrium Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 07:20