We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

Hi,

I am trying to book for a single man this September to go out to Lindos to attend our wedding but are having real problems finding somewhere that accepts single travellers. Does anyone know of any accomodation that will acceot him?!

Many thanks,

Emma x

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

Hi Emma

I think you'll find the problem is that most accommodation is booked up already for September. I am travelling by myself in October and am going with Direct Greece, I had no problems boking with them I just had to pay a supplement which is always the case. It wasn't extortionate about £80 for the two weeks. I booked my hol back in Jan. I have travelled alone with Olympic and Libra and Manos, Kosmar don't allow a single person to travel. If all else fails, maybe a flight and a room when he gets there, its not too bad if he can get the same flight as others and shares a taxi to Lindos, or possibly get on the coach if it isn't full (my friend did this last year, and it cost her €15) he could leave his luggage with other guests while he looks for somewhere. Is it for just a week? I suppose it all depends on his budget.

Babs

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

Hi again

I don't know what date you need in Sept but have just checked and DG have Philipos Studios available for one but its coming up at £537 for one week on the 10th. It actually costs almost the same for one week as two. I go on 1st Oct and for two weeks it cost £444!! (plus insurance). Hope this helps.

B x

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

you could try pefkos its only a 7 euro taxi ride away and meals drinks in pefkos are supposedly much cheaper than lindos - theres also a bus running to lindos every hour or so for cheap transport at least into lindos (bus stops about 8pm) to save a few pounds/euro

kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

I know, I am having real trouble getting ANYWHERE in Lindos and everything is so expensive just for 1 person! I shall look into Pefkos and see if I get anywhere...fingers crossed!

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

If you like the idea of some ready made company and don't mind staying at Krana check out friendship travel..you get breakfast,5 meals with wine and a room to yourself. I'm going next week and although you don't get a choice of restaurants for those 5 days it may well work out cost effective judging by what has been said on here!

Mentioned in this post
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
184 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

What do you want to loan? Or are you alone?

Dudley West Midlands
Level Contributor
325 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

Try Olympic or Libra I travel alone and thats normally who I book with. They still seem to have availabilty for most dates in Sept. I am staying at Chryanthi by "Captains House" 6h Sept I did book it months ago but I have recently been checking for a friend and theres still holidays available

Annie

rhodes
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

If you can book flight only you could chec with pension electra which is very central and has single rooms.

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

Hi, Libra have Adams Studios available for some of September, coming up at £310 for a week!

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where can a loan traveller stay in lindos?

Its me again... just checked easyjet.. September fights around £225 return to Rhodes, not cheap, so add that to the cheapest accomm (around €35/40 in Sept) and then a taxi if you can't get a lift and it comes to around £550 then add insurance.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece