We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Wakefield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Has anyone been to MedEast Restaurant in lindos Rhodes.I am finding it hard to find a Reception venue for my wedding.I have looked at some.

What does Medeast have?eg dance floor,Is it Smart/tidy and friendly?Has any one got any pictures?Emma

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

MedEast is just another eating place to the left of the village square. Whilst the food and music are good, there are plenty of better places within the village to hold a wedding reception, keep looking i'm sure something will come up, good luck.

Try asking Babs she knows loads of places!!

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

MedEast has fantastic views of the bay, unlike some other places in Lindos. We know quite a few people who have held their receptions there and have been very pleased. They decorate your wedding table really well and all the guests can have great views. Food is also very good. You can take your own CD but the music is good anyway. Also, very friendly.

Wakefield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Do you know of any?she told me some.

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Hi Emma

I have never eaten in Med East but it has beautiful views of the bay. Ask steve1403 about it or go to

http://www.lindoseye.com/medeast.htm

If you are looking for a dance floor in a restaurant you won't find one, though most make room for dancing after the meal, and as there are only 15 of you it won't be a problem...Its great if you are having greek dancers/dancing afterwards.

If you want smart there is Ambrosia and Sinatras but no room for dancing as they are very small venues. There are so many lovely places (roof top tavernas etc..) to have your reception but only a few actually on the beach, did you check out Dolphins and Nefeli? Kalypso has wondeful food and the owners go out of there way for weddings...its in a very old Lindian building too so lots of character,

www.kalypsolindos.gr

Hope this is of help.

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Emma, everywhere in Lindos is friendly, and everyone will go out of their way to make your special day extra special. It is the most beautiful setting for a wedding. You could always have a meal in a restauannt and them move to a dance bar for late night dancing if thats what you want. You wedding planner should be able to help you with all this, has she given you any ideas?

Babs

Wakefield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Hi babs,

Kalypso was the one we booked but they wanted 1000.00euros for exclusive use but we didnt want this.

Byzantinos wouldnt take a booking because it is in august time cos italians come over in that month and it is busy.

Dolphin and nelefin we wasnt keen on them when we looked on the web.

Caesars someone said it wasnt that good and put me off a little.

Then we heard of med east???!!!

Wakefield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

The wedding plannerwas going to book byzantinos but then they said we couldnt.The wedding planner then booked kalypso and then they wanted the 1000.00euros.She has told me the same has people on here.Nelfin and dolpin dont look that nice.

There is a space for Medeast.she has told us theres bars around medeast.

Wakefield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

no the wedding planner didnt say that dolphin and nelfin wasnt nice i thought they didnt look nice on the web!!

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

€1000, my word, a bit steep, its probably because its August, and they are very busy. Ambrosia is very smart and intimate but not room for dancing, maybe book a bar for dancing later.... Antika is lovely, they have candles everywhere, very romantic... I don't think you'll can do much better than Med East though with those views and I have heard from many that the food is wonderful.

Wakefield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Med East Restaurant Lindos Rhodes

Thanks for the info

emma