We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saddleworth
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Can anyone list the streets i can find all the major shops in Rhodes New Town.My wife "needs " one visit to the top clothes shops ,when ever we visit a destination.

If there is a particular area that would help.It would save me trailing about all day .Instead of enjoying the sites with a cold beer !

Thanks in advance

Only 17 days before i arrive in Lindos

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

There is Marks & Spencer in Alexandrou Diakou Street.Dont know if other shops in same area.Try a Google search by typing in shop names

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

I don't remember all the shops, but there's definitely a Bennetton, an Esprit store, a Body Shop, some Greek labels like Anna Riska, a Sprider Department Store (that one is outside of the center, south of the Old Town) and many others! Generally, the area behind Mandraki Harbor and parallel to the North side of the Old Town is where you will find most of the retail stores.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Don't know street names I'm afraid, but if you follow main seafront rd all the way up - away from the Old Town & go off left into the back streets round there; you should find a really good boutique that sells very nice Diesel gear amongst other things, quite a few good women's boutiques & some nice shoe shops. There is also a supermarket (food stuffs downstairs, toiletries on ground level) that has a really good selection of make-up, perfumes etc - much cheaper than UK for Bourjois, Max Factor etc.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Once your wife see's all the various shops in the new town plus the old town you will be doomed to a day of shopping visiting all of the areas!!

saddleworth
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Thanks Tpebop and Neo

I have tried many websites but they were all for

gift shops in the Old Town.

Will try your directions .Thanks very much.We usually go to family in Spain .So we go to Alicante,Barcelona,Madrid,Valencia.

Maybe there isnt that many clothes shops in Rhodes Town.Which means more food and drink in Lindos for me !!

saddleworth
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Ooops !! just read the last two replies .Im doomed !!

Thanks for the info.Looks like a long day

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Why go the the same old shop as you can go to in the UK. The old town is far better with local shops to look at. Mr husband NEVER goes shopping in the UK but he love to walk around the old town and stop off for a beer or two.

Enjoy

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Re above post. Sorry for the spelling/grammar in a hurry as at work.

saddleworth
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

Good reply holidayaddict

Lets hope she doesnt buy a coat.We were on holiday in Cambrils a number of years ago and went shopping in Barcelona.My wife bought a big massive long coat in July.When we got home she wore it 1st day back.She tripped over the coat,fell down the stairs and broke her ankle and leg in two places.

Thats why "tripadvisor" is very apt when it comes to shopping !!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: retail therapy in Rhodes New Town

If you're taking the bus from Lindos the bus will drop you off behind the New Market (Nea Agora). The are behind here is where you'll find all the designer shops, many of the big brands and some smaller boutiques too.

My sister loves Anna Riska (think that's the right name?) which she says is a Greek label but quite similar to Karen Millen in cost/style. If you really want to splah out there's another big store nearby with the BIG designer names, i know my sister saw a dress in the window but changed her mind when she found out it was 1700 euros!