We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

What's your favourite track or sound (and don't say that friggin' donkey that's tethered above Pallas beach !) from Lindos ?

For me, it's Pink Floyd in the 80's followed by Dire Straits etc.... when that's about all they played in the bars and you could hear it all over Lindos.

More recently it's been James Blunt - lazy afternoon s on the beach, a few glasses of retsina and he actually sounds quite good. LOL.

Scotland
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

"More recently it's been James Blunt - lazy afternoon s on the beach, a few glasses of retsina and he actually sounds quite good. LOL."

I think more than a few before I would go as far as quite good! I would go for the donkey any time!

We are off next week, so I'll let you know my favourite sound when we get back.

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

My favourite sound this year was the noise from the Dragonflies as we were getting ready to go out at night.

Some nights before going out for dinner, I would sit out in the balcony of our room and there would be loads of them. I love Dragonflies, so it was nice to see so many this year. Maybe thats why I never got bitten so much, as they eat mosquitoes!

They never bite humans, so it was nice to sit & watch them.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

The goats and the crickets - the evening 'buzz' by our villa.

Quite hypnotising.

Beats mobile phones!

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

For me in past years it's been the sound of the Donkeys & Goats while sat on our balcony up at Lindos Gardens on Krana. Going next Wednesday so may hear some different sounds?:)

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

Have always loved the sound of Pink Floyd in Socrates Bar. The pictures on the wall of Socrates with the members of Pink Floyd really add to the atmosphere. We were in Lindos last month when Rick Wright died and Socrates was all set to drop everything and fly to England for the funeral until he found it was to be a private funeral - he was very disappointed.

By the way, what is the saddest sound in Lindos? A taxi accelerating up the hill from the top car park on its way to the airport!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

"The saddest sound in Lindos"..?

No competition, those poor old donkeys that have to carry all the 20 stone bloaters up to the Acropolis who are too fat or too lazy to walk up themselves.

BLUTACK
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

"i do" st paul's chapel - sept 02

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

So, was "I Do" the saddest or the happiest then??

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

Couldnt agree more BG :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favourite sounds from Lindos ?

Good answer Blutack!! Wish I had thought of that!