We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos Weddings

Nottingham
13 posts
Save Topic
Lindos Weddings

We are planning to get married in Lindos in May 2006. Has anyone recently had their wedding arranged through the co-ordinators Karen and Laurence from www.lindosweddings.com? Would you recommend? Your opinions would be gratefully received! Thanks, Claire

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,717 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos Weddings

Check the Rhodes forum on holidaytruths.co.uk

Somebody on there mentions Karen at Lindos Weddings and how good she is.

Brighton
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos Weddings

Hello Claire,

I think we spoke about this a little while back. We returned from Lindos 3 weeks ago, where we met up with Karen. She's lovely, really friendly and knowledgable. Her and her husband were running a Bar in addition to organising weddings but now they have stopped that to concentrate on their main business..weddings! We watched one of their weddings(from a discrete distance) while we were there and it looked lovely and convinced us to choose them as our co-ordinators for next year.

It does seem to be a very competitive market over there, one good thing we learned was that we would never use 1 of the big tour operators to organise it. They just don't take the time to do it properly and we really did not want to be standing in a queue of wedding parties, as they cram all their weddings in to 1 evening. Also, while we were there we researched our venue for our reception. Karen had advised us on a couple of really nice restaurants but not in a pushy way. This was 1 of the nice things we found about them, we really felt that they wanted us to have the kind of day that we wanted, not one that suited them.

I'm sorry I can't tell you that we were married recently, but I'm very happy with the service we've recieved so far and we are both happy with having Karen take care of everything for us. I hope this helps Claire, good luck :)

Ann

Nottingham
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos Weddings

Thank you Ann, that is very reassuring. I am sure we will go with Lindos Weddings. When are you planning your wedding for? Would be lovely to keep in touch with someone who is going through the same preparations as ourselves! Its exciting getting married abroad, but also a bit daunting! Claire :)

Brighton
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos Weddings

Hi Claire,

We are actually getting married in september this year. It's all happening so quickly it's making my head spin a little!! We had never been to lindos until recently, this is inspite of the fact that my best friend from school has lived there for 7 years and I had never taken the opertunity to fly out to her before, but her descriptions, along with about 1 million photos had convinced us to take a look and see how we felt about marrying abroad. Now I can't believe it's all booked and will be happening so soon. We only got engaged in May of this year, I never guessed I'd be seeing this next new year in as a married woman...!

I'll certainly keep in touch and let you know how it all goes.

With Love

Ann

wales
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos Weddings

hi claire.

I am getting married in the Lindos Memories in september,i have been to lindos many times and i love it.

i am not sure about karen but i have read some good reports about her on other web sites.

One company i can recomend not just to you but anyone thinking of getting married in Rhodes is Planet Holidays, they only sell Greece and Cyprus and they have lots of ladies who live in rhodes who help you sort anything you want just like Karen. They also sort all your documents before you go.

hope this is of some help to you.

Hi also to Ann

Maybe i will se you in lindos in september. What date are you getting married and where

Brighton
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos Weddings

Hi,

We're all set to go. We leave tomorrow night and are getting married next Monday. Can't wait......

I'm off now to get some last minute essentials as everything else is now done, at last.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I'll catch up with you all in a couple of weeks and let you know how it all went.

Best of luck to you all.

Ann xx

Middlesex
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos Weddings

Hi Clairep, We are getting married at St Pauls Bay on 20th May 2006. I would love to be in contact with somebody else who is getting married out there around the same time. Please feel free to email me on claire_loosley@hotmail.com if you need to discuss anything. I have been in contact with some really helpful people from this site who have already got married in lindos - they have given me some really helpful hints. Claire

Halifax West...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos Weddings

Hi Claire , We recently got married in Lindos at St Pauls Chapel August 13th 2005 and our Wedding Co Ordinator was Lindos weddings Karen and Laurence, they were FANTASTIC. We had a big Wedding with 57 guests and everything was SPOT ON.

We had the wedding on a Saturday which we were previously told by a tour operator that we could not marry on a Saturday but Karen sorted every thing out, we had a Champagne Cruise after the Chapel which I would highly recommend because the ceremony is only quite short so it makes it really special . Karen sorted out the reception , flowers ,hairdressers, beauty days , special presents for my mum and my best friend she even arranged for a Water Park trip for all our guests . Nothing was too much trouble. The photos and the DVD of the wedding Day was great and all excellent value. We cannot fault anything at all. I'm sure if you book your weddding with them you will have a fabulus Day to remember for the rest of your lives just like us . Sorry for going on but I just cannot say enough about them .

Good Luck for your future marriage Dawn B

darlington
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos Weddings

Hi Claire,

I got married in Lindos, September this year. We went through Karen and Laurence and they were wonderful. They sorted everything from documents to looking after my family and friends when we arrived. There was around 40 guests at my wedding and everything was perfect.

If you need to ask any questions just let me know.

Tammy

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos Weddings

hi all,

my fiance and i are planning to get married in september in st pauls bay in lindos. karen seems to be praised everywhere, so ive just contacted her to see what she can do for us. could anyone tell me how much she charges. i know the basic wedding package charge, but how much are the extras? the champagne cruise for instance, that sounds perfect. We will probably have about twenty people with us if that helps.

does she sort out all the paperwork for you, and does she really come and see you over here???

thanks for your help

flims xx