We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early morning routine??

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
early morning routine??

Hi folks, what do lindos lovers recommend for a beautiful lindian morning? best time to rise? best spot for watching the sun come up? best place to enjoy a breakfast? or even best hang-over cure? lol be interested to see how folks rise and shine lindos style!! :o) Rich.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: early morning routine??

Ipsoss - I tend to burn the candle at both ends when in Lindos. Late to bed (if at all) and early to rise.

Best spot for watching the sun coming up is to head over to St Pauls/Reception area. You'll need to be early though - think 5am (ish) so you may as well leave the Arches and just head up the main street LOL

Another good place is the far end of the main beach where the Italian babes hang out and watch it come up over the village.

For breakfasts - well you obviously know about Rainbird by now but its quite good sitting outside Yannis bar and watching the early morning world go by.

If there's a full moon when your there head up to the Acropolis and look down on the village. Very romantic. Or walk to the far end of the main beach and watch it rise over the Acrop. from somewhere near Cleoboulos' tomb.

And as for hangover cures, my favourite is an early morning swim. That really freshens you up. If you're after the alcoholic variety, as I suspect you might, Yannis bar does an excellent Bloody Mary

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: early morning routine??

When in Lindos it seems criminal to spend any more time than necessary in bed, and not being out and around the village. No matter how late you come in, I would definately set an alarm for quite early and if you can't manage anything more make it to a sunlounger on the beach and sleep off your hangover there!!! I've come in at 6.30am before and been on the beach by 9!!! Its amazing watching the sun come up at the amphitheatre club, but thats from being there the night before, rather than heading up there in the morning. Also, going up to the acropolis early in the morning is definately the time to go (or at night) to avoid the daytrippers that come during the day. It also prevents it being too hot! x

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: early morning routine??

Up at 6/6.30 am, armed with a camera walk up to the Acropolis, watch the sun rise over St Pauls bay. Then walk on round to St Pauls bay, take a quick swim, dry off, then walk back and around the village to take more photos. Next breakfast anywhere you fancy, especially Billy's who does the best cooked and cheapest breakfast in the village, Rainbird good also, but more expensive!

Back to apartment, shower, apply sun screen, take what's needed for a day on the beach, walk to beach and voila the start of my day.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: early morning routine??

Ah, can't wait! Good tips folks, I quite fancy an early morning walk round the village followed by a nice dip in the sea. Roll on July! Rich :o)

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: early morning routine??

Yep, definitely St Pauls to watch and photograph the sun rise, I got the most amazing pic when waiting for the coach for the Symi trip, a brilliant orange sunrise and a little fishing boat just sailing past at the right moment! I actually think the photo is on here somewhere in Traveller Photos.

The best thing about being up and walking around the village early is you can see it before the shops open up and when only a couple of people are around, so again great for photos of lovely empty streets. You can really appreciate the beauty of Lindos then.

For breakfast, Yannis, Rainbird and Billys, oh and Georgios does a good one too. Though 9 times out of 10 I have breakfast on the terrace/balcony/coutyard.

Babs

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: early morning routine??

Greek Goddess - I totally agree with you. It's definitely worth going straight to the beach after a late bar session and sleeping there in the coolness of the dawn.

I can whole heartedly recommend this to anyone who has never tried it before

Essex
Level Contributor
491 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: early morning routine??

My husband and I are both middle aged now and are visiting Lindos for the first time in October. I can hardly wait as all of your comments are painting such a wonderful picture for me.

A few years back we were in Italy and ended up staying out very late in bar. We got to the stage when we were past the desire to sleep and ended up walking along the beach at around 5am and saw the sun rise. It was one of the most magical moments of my life and brought back all the childish enthusiasm for life. The next day we had as much energy as if we'd had a nights sleep. Something I thought I'd never expereince again.

I wondered if there was a bar in Lindos that would be open that late at that time in the season. Perhaps it may be foolish to try and recreate that evening but it does sound as though a lot of you have experienced the same in Lindos.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: early morning routine??

What's worrying here is that many of us discovered Lindos without the help of TA so, expecting the usual Greek holiday, it all came as a wonderful, magical surprise from Ooh Ah Corner onwards.

These folks who have never been, having read this forum, now have very high expectations of Lindos. Can it live up to it ?

Cheers

Eddie

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: early morning routine??

Buzziewine - don't plan too hard! These things just happen. There has been many a night in Lindos when we suddenly found the sun was coming up and it was 6am (having gone into the bar well before midnight and not noticed the time passing by). There are a few haunts where you are likely to find late night drinkers who just don't know when it's time to go to bed! No wonder the Lindos bar owners are shattered by the end of the season!

Essex
Level Contributor
491 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: early morning routine??

Yes maybe I am planning it too much. I don't think I will be disappointed with Lindos though as it was photos of the area that first attracted me and then I looked at Trip Advisor. I do make a point of looking at the traveller photos particularly as they are a more honest representation of a place than the brochures obviously.