We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vehicle Hire

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai U.A.E
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Vehicle Hire

There are six of us plus a nipper visiting Rhodes in mid May for a couple of weeks, staying at the Aldemar Paradise Royal. We are thinking of hiring a suitable vehicle for 2/3 days so we can all have a look around the island together at our own pace. What would be the approximate cost of hire? Also, being a bit of a loner even with the family around me I would like to take myself off on a small motorbike for odd days (125-250cc). I have a UK license. Same question as above if anyone can help please with an indication of daily rate and maybe a local hire company.Thanks

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vehicle Hire

Hi Lumply

A 6 seater VW Caddy or similar would be c.60-70 euros per day & a 9 seater Citroen Jumpy or similar would be c. 100-120 per day. Cheaper pro rata by the week. Most companies will deliver to your hotel. No idea about bikes. Your hotel will have a car rental desk but you'll pay more as you have to cost in their commission.

Cheers

Eddie

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vehicle Hire

have been using Galaxy in Rhodes for abt 10 years never a problem and excellent rates abt 15/17 per day in May.Just google Galaxy aCar Hirte rhodes. Full collection service etc family owned

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vehicle Hire

John, 15-17 per day for a 6 seater ???

Yer 'aving a larf !!!

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vehicle Hire

Now I know I do put quite alot of car hire the way of my guy in Pefkos (GAM), but I am going out next week and have a VW Caddy for a week at 110 Euros. If you want a Caddy for a few days - send me a PM and I'll see if I can sort you something out with GAM.

I am not on any commission - just want to help out if I can.

Cheers

Scooby

Dubai U.A.E
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vehicle Hire

Thanks all

Len

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vehicle Hire

Hi Scooby

I've known Agabitos & his family at GAM rent a car in Pefkos since 1991 although I haven't run into him for a while. I think he's retired & his son runs it now doesn't he ?

If your facts are right then he's doing you a BIG favour but the price you've given is very misleading for someone looking for rental rates. I've just checked Holiday Autos who, whilst not the cheapest, are a good guide to going rates & they have the Renault Espace 7 seater listed for £431 per week in May which is £61 a day & around the same as I estimated at 60-70 euros per day.

All I can say is that you must be VERY good friends if he's giving you 75% off the going rate ! And it seems very strange to me that John also appears to have a friend in the trade that gives 75% off. I'm obviously missing something here ! LOL

Although I can still beat all on price....the guy we use who I won't name gives us our cars for free but unfortunately he wouldn't let me offer that deal to my TA friends as it's in return for sending him all our regular business from villa rental clients !

Actually that's got me thinking. I & I know others from time to time can get a bit cynical about our Greek friends money making exploits but me, Elaine & the RhodesRock09 technical manager & his Mrs are off to Lindos on Sunday for a week & won't be paying for the car or the hotel so we were right all along...the Greeks really are friendly generous people. It's not just an act. I love 'em.

Cheers

Eddie

Thornton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vehicle Hire

I agree with Scooby, GAM does give very good rates. We passed him over 40 weeks car hire last year due to being a villa owner. We have got a car for 3 weeks in June for 220 Euros, he always gives my customers excellent rates.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vehicle Hire

Is it the son in charge now or is Agabitos still working ?

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vehicle Hire

Hi Eddie

Yes you are right I have got a good deal because I have a villa and do give GAM quite alot of business. But, he is also providing the Caddy at a good price for some of my guests later this year - much cheaper than Holiday Autos.

Before I started using GAM I used Holiday Autos and last year had a people carrier from them in May which was 350 Euros.

George Stilianos is who I deal with at GAM now, he is a fantastic guy.

Hopefully I might bump into you next week - we arrive on the 29th - leaving on the 6th May. My annual girly holiday!! Going with my husband in June (at same time as RhodesRock), September and November. Let me know if you want to meet up for a quick drink nexy week - it would be nice to put a face to a name etc.

Cheers

Scooby (my dog's name - not mine obviously)

Scooby

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vehicle Hire

That'll be great to meet Scooby. I'll have my Greek mobile with me 6943 681594. Give me a call. Or I'll be in Soc's Bar most nights. I'll be the miserable looking git in the corner. I'm there 26 April for a week.

RockfanKent is the name of my goat not me LOL.

Is George Agabitos's son do you know ? I need a cheap people carrier for RhodesRock week to cart the bleedin' rock stars about !

Cheers

Eddie