We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5.45am Flight on 1st November

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
495 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
5.45am Flight on 1st November

I'm on the 5.45am flight first of November out of Rhodes having stayed with Olympic at Avra apartments Lindos. Having just done a holiday in Majorca where we had early flights I am dreading it. Took me about a week to recover. Does anyone know how the tour operators handle these early flights? I presume I'll have to pay extra for a late checkout at Avra as my last night should be 30th October. What sort of ridiculous time will our pick up be. I expect it's not worth going to bed.

Recently came back from Majorca wrecked due to a early flight. The things we do to save money.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5.45am Flight on 1st November

Oh poor old you, those early morning flights are an absolute bummer, have done a few myself, shattering....

As it's the end of the season i'm sure you will be allowed to stay much longer in your apartment, obviously you will be charged. In the past i have found that if you are nice to the maid and treat her wellshe will let you stay longer than you have paid for.

The only down side is that your luggage will go to reception around lunchtime, but if i were you i would leave it in the apartment then arrange for a taxi to come and pick up your luggage later in the day.

You will probably be picked up for your return journey around 2.30-3am, stay in the apartment as long as possible, have a sleep, eat out around 10-10.30pm and by the time you have eaten and had a couple of drinks it will be time for your pick up.

At least you will have the whole of Sunday at home to recover.

A very late holiday in Lindos always sets me up for the long winter ahead, well worth it.

Enjoy.

2. Re: 5.45am Flight on 1st November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 07:28