We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for flights

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
223 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for flights

I guess it's pretty much like asking how long is a peice of string, but... anybody know the best place to look for cheap flights to Rhodes in Sept / October ?

Really looking forward to heading out there, but struggling to find any competitive prices that make the holiday worthwhile for 7 days. :(

Cheers,

Paul.

Essex
Level Contributor
509 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for flights

Have you tried this website?

http://www.skyscanner.net/

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for flights

Hi AlphaCrust

It depends on how patient you are with trawling through the various sites. If you google in 'flights to Rhodes' you will come up with a multitude of sites. I've had a quick look and at the moment Travel Republic have a flight from Manchester on 23rd September, one week for £161 pp.

On The Beach have one (same dates etc) for £171n pp and these appear to be significantly cheaper than booking direct with the tour operator (Thomas Cook, Thomsons, Olympic).

However, with a one week holiday, as opposed to two, it often works out cheaper to buy a package - take into account the cost of transfers and accommodation.

Hope you get what you're looking for.

Best Regards

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
223 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for flights

Decissions, decissions.... :)

Trying to decide if to stay in the Chrysa Studios and pay that little extra for sepperate flights / accomodation, or look at going for a studio / appartment I've not stayed in before for 100 quid less via Olympic.

The Chrysa has free internet :D - but is that worth 100 quid for 7 days. - How vain am I lol

Paul.

Manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for flights

I booked flights direct through Thomas Cook for September and once you've added on baggage fees and in flight meals it is quite pricey, think I paid about £230pp return. We could have got something cheaper but we weren't very flexible with dates and needed a ten day holiday.

Jet2.com are pretty cheap and nice daytime flights too.

It's our first time travelling independently and it has cost more than we would usually pay but I'm hoping it will be worth it!

Manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for flights

On second thoughts, we actually booked flights with First Choice - part of the Thomas Cook group - and the flight is with Thomson Airways!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for flights

Hi Alpha - the Chrysa do look really nice...you even get a proper KETTLE by the looks of it.! High up but fantastic views of the village. www.chrysa_lindos.com

Have I just made your choices harder ?

If you want a very central, small, basic, clean, twin-bed studio for 2 try www.eratolindos.gr. The studio is upsatirs and has a shared sunny veranda that looks onto the village/acropolis. Approx. 40/45 euros at this time of the year I would think. Lovely family that own it and live bang next door.

K x

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for flights

Hi Claire,

First Choice is now part of the same group that Thomson belongs to, i.e. TUI.

The airlines of both of these companies have now been merged into Thomson Airlines, hence your booking with First Choice and being on a Thomson flight.

Ultimately I guess this will mean less choice for all of us and will inevitably lead to higher prices. The only benefit I can see is that it currently gives you a bit more flexibility and makes it easier to, say, fly out on a Wednesday and come back on a Saturday/Sunday - something that was not always possible from smaller airports.

Cheers,

Dave.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for flights

Hi Paul,

It's still relatively expensive to book for September at the moment, although I'm a great believer in booking early as prices do go up nearer the time, especially if you don't have a great deal of flexibility and want to be in a certain place on given dates. At the moment packages seem to be coming in at at least £400 per person - but have a look at late deals.com; they've still got packages to Lindos at under £300 pp in late September

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place for flights

Hi AlphaCrust

I see that you are in West Yorkshire - as we are. If you want to go at the end of September you could try Jet2.com - as this year, for the first time, they are flying out of Leeds Bradford airport to Rhodes. We got some reasonably priced flights with them for June and September 09 and good flight times too. However, I think their flights only go out to Rhodes until the end of September.

Cheers

Scooby

isle of wight
Level Contributor
114 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place for flights

Hi It probably doesnt apply to you but for anyone in the south, easyjet flys on Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sunday from Gatwick. There prices nearly always come up cheaper, especially if you cut out the extras such as speedy boarding etc. They have always been realiable, on time and with more leg room than most.