We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Symi

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Symi

We are planning on going across to Symi but I have some mobility issues. Do the boats that go there have easy access- I can't manage really steep steps etc.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Symi

I think it depends what boat they use, i know most have a downstairs as well as an upper deck so there's no major steps that i can think of. You'd be better asking in one of the travel offices when you arrive, they should know about access and if they want to sell you a ticket i'm sure they'll find out.

Once there you don't have any major hills or steps to deal with if you stick to the harbour and main area of town.

Dubai
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Symi

I guess you are about to go to Symi from Rhodes...

If so, there is no boat. There is a flying dolphin twice a day (I think). In the dolphin there is no internet access and your mobile phone may have no signal. But this is for just one hour. Since you get to Symi, you shall face no problems of this kind.

A tip (if I may): have lunch at "Mythos" restaurant! Rather expensive, but you shall enjoy the lunch of your life!!! Delicious!!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Symi

'there is no boat?'

There are several boats heading out to Symi daily! The dolphin is a quicker but more expensive alternative.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Symi

emmy41

There are excursion boats and regular ferries of various kinds going Rhodes to Symi, that hydrofoil is just one of the options.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Symi

Internet access ???

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Symi

LOL, I think emmy here has confused the OPs "mobility" query here with a "mobile" query.....

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Symi

Hi,

At least one of the boat/ferries operating out of Mandraki in Rhodes Town has a ramp (large enough for a car to drive on/off) to access it so it should just be a case of picking which boat you want to go on.

Cheers,

Dave.

8. Re: Trip to Symi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 06:31