We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change of accommodation advice please>

Essex
Level Contributor
501 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Change of accommodation advice please>

After a disasterous and tiring summer break I really need to make sure my October Lindos holiday is a bit more succesful.

I am booked into the Avra apartments but have been looking at a possible change to the Lindos Gardens hotel. I wondered if this would prove more restful. I have read reiviews on both and they are all mixed. To those out there who know both accommodations would you say it was worth changing my accommodation or would you leave it as it is? I know hotel websites can be very deceptive and make things look far more luxurious than they are but reivews are often written by people who have only been to one of the acommodations so can not really compare. Some of you experienced "Trippies" might know both. Thanks.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,494 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

Personally, i'd stick with what you've booked. If it's a restful holiday you're looking for i can't think of a better location than right by the beach!

I stayed at Lindos Gardens once (my only time up at Krana) and the room was lovely but how much time do you spend in the room? I've also heard that Olympic have the older studios in the main block so the room itself probably won't be that much better than Avra.

If you like the type of apartment block with swimming pools, bar, restaurant, etc on site Lindos Gardens is ideal, if you're a beach lover and like simple village studios i'd stay with Avra.

Essex
Level Contributor
501 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

Thanks that's very helpful. Looking through a lot of the accommodation that the package operators offer I do think it's quite sad when you read the reviews only to find that what has been described as luxurious turns out to be anything but that. Especially when some people pay premium prices to get the extra comfort that's not there on arrival.

I think I'm just feeling frazzled after my recent driving holiday in Fance. Over 2000 road miles covered and I feel like I did it on foot. The things you do to save money.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

Buzzie - I have sent you a private message. Jan

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

Hi Buzziewine. I know you wanted people that had been to both but I thought I would answer any way lol. Havn't been to Avra so can't comment but have stayed at Lindos Gardens 4 times and will be there again in October. We love it and as it was our first visit to Lindos that bought us to this accommodation we feel drawn back each year. It just depends on your own choice if Avra are near the beach and you don't want a pool then stay with them but if you like the pool then go for Lindos Gardens as they have two great pools. You also have the option to still go to the beach if you want a change.Although it is a bit of a hike so all depends on your walking abilities. What ever you choose to do enjoy. If you want any more info on LG just ask.

Lyn

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

Buzzie

I will go along with Marcus, stay with Avra, the location is fantastic if you love the beach and just a short walk from the centre of Lindos. Much more peaceful than Gardens.. but obviously its your call!

Babs

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
926 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

hi even though in the past ive chosen to stay up on krana, in this case for location alone id pick avra. super spot, cheers

Essex
Level Contributor
501 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

Thanks. You've helped reassure me.

This summer, due to all of the recent money problems and exchange rate etc I really tried to scrimp on the summer break. Unfortunately that backfired on me as there was just too much driving involved and in 32 degrees it was tough going. I just got to the stage where I was prepared to ring up Olympic and bung a couple of hundred extra on the bill if a change of accomodation meant I would get a better experience in Lindos.

Something that really put me off Avra was these reports people have been putting in of cleaners coming in with a dirty mop making the room smell ( nothing worse that the smell of sour mops) and using the same cloth for sink and toilet etc. It made if all sound a bit rough and ready.I've no problem with basic (you should see some of the rural places we've stayed in France) but cleanliness is something else.

8. Re: Change of accommodation advice please>

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations