We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakia Apartment

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bakia Apartment

Has anyone stayed here before? Have found a couple of reviews that are good.

I have just paid the deposit for a 10 day stay. It looks fab & cant wait. I just have to book the flights now form east midland they are coming up at £235 each....i will hang for abit and just watch to see if they may come down abit.

What do you think people - does that happen often now or is £235 a good price? Should i book the flight now?

Its getting harder & harder to get holiday packages any more so thats why i'm booking this holiday independently.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bakia Apartment

The cost of the flights depends on the time of year but those prices (£235.00) seem about average from airports in the Midlands.

Check the flight prices on www.alpharooms.com as they usually have some good rates from East Midlands Airport.

Edited: 06 January 2010, 12:30
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bakia Apartment

I would book the flight and go for it if I was you. The price won't come down dramatically so for the sake of a few quid...

Its true that there isn't as much choice these days but you could still get the 1st flight out of East Mids on 05 May with TC and stay at the Tota apts. for £300 a week/£600 per couple

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bakia Apartment

I am presuming this is actually in the village - not out side. Is it near St :Pauls Bay...anyone know for sure?

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bakia Apartment

Tota is in St Paulsbay area not sure where Bakia is

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bakia Apartment

Hi just had a look on the website looks to me the same view I had from Leonidas this September (and description of location same) If so It's very close to Kyriaki along the road that runs in front of Atmosphere bar if you know it? Not St Pauls Bay area although that would be the closest beach

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bakia Apartment

have changed photo to view from Leonidas is it helps!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bakia Apartment

You're right Jo similar view to Leonidas just a little further down the hill. Helen & Bakia's quite close to Arhontiko restaurant.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bakia Apartment

Forgot to say with such little competition these days I'd agree that £235.00 is probably as good as it gets from EMA. You might save a little if you hang on til last minute though you could just as easily find the flight sold out.

Aussie in England
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bakia Apartment

Hi Iris,

My wife and I have stayed in this apartment with our young son, a couple of times back in the mid-90's. It's about 50 yards down the hill from the top car park/reception area. We really liked the apartment, 2 bedrooms separated by a small kitchen and a bathroom. The owners live below in a lovely house ( I believe the husband is the captain of a hydrofoil that goes from Rhodes to Symi). It's a long hot trek up from the beach in the evening but this is half the fun as you can stop at the Rainbird for a beer/cocktail and a breathe(fantastic views!), then another 5 minute walk to Yanni's Bar for another beer and then a 7 minute walk to Bakia. It has a fantastic terrace with views across the village to the bay. Very quiet as well so all in all you can't really go wrong! Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

LindosVet

Aussie in England
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bakia Apartment

Previous post should read "breather" not breathe!