We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in rhodes

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
wedding in rhodes

Hi, we're thinking of getting married in Rhodes Sept07. I have been looking at 2 hotels in particular...Lindian Village resort in Lardos and Hotel Lindos Mare in Lindos.

Is there anyone out there who's been married or been to a wedding at either of these hotels, or can recommend somewhere better? Also, whats the nearby restaurants and nightlife like for afterwards? Dont want anything too expensive, and I assume the hotels would be pretty expensive for a reception!

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in rhodes

I have read posts from quite a few people that getting married in Rhodes.

I am certain someone will be able to help you

AtHeNaS....

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in rhodes

and.....Very Many congradulations :)

AtHeNaS...

essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in rhodes

Hi we got married in Sept in Lidos we stayed in the Lindos Memories Hotel and although a little more expensive than the Mare it was much nicer i would highly recommend getting married at St Pauls Bay in Lindos is was fantastic we also had a traditional Greek reception in a taverna in Lindos that was great it workrd out to around £25 a head including all the wine you could drink so very reasonable so go for it and have a fantastic time let me know if you have any other questions

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding in rhodes

Thanks for that. I've been put off getting married at St Paul Bay as I was informed that it would be a treck for my guests! Is this correct? Because of this info, we decided to get married in a hotel so that our guests weren't going from one place to another! Did the hotel you stayed at do weddings?

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding in rhodes

Can you remember the name of the Taverna? 25 pounds sounds excellent! Was the food good?

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding in rhodes

still babbling on... What was the nightlife like during your stay? Were you quite far away from everything?

united kingdom
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding in rhodes

hi there,

congrats on your forthcoming wedding,we got married at st pauls bay this october and we couldnt have faulted it.will be honest it is a bit of a trek getting back up from the chapel but certainly worth it all.we had our reception in a restaurant called medeast manilos is the owner and nicholas his sidekick were fantastic,we got a 3 course set meal for27 euros ahead which is about £20 and really worth every penny as he cooks everything fresh and decorates th seating area for you this place looks out into the med and the acropolis which is all lit up.this fella also plays live music with his guitar and is fantastic.me and my new husband left about 3am and our guests were ther til bout 5am and we had the place to ourselves here was abour 25 of us all in all a perfect day and reception couldnt have asked for anything better

there is a website for this place it is will look in our things and post it to you tomorrow

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding in rhodes

Hi

We got married at St Pauls in October I would recommend this to anyone.

I don't think the trek up/down the hill was that bad at all. One of our guests is not very good on her feet but she took it slowly and managed it with no prob's.

We stayed in the Lindos Mare which was a fab hotel, they really made us feel welcome.

We also had our reception there which was excellent and very resonable.

I emailed the hotel before I arrived and they sent me some menu's and the price list's.

We booked through a tour operator and were so pleased with everything, they organised the flowers, car's, photo's etc, all were excellent quality.

Wish I was back there now!

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding in rhodes

Hi thanks for replying.

Do you still have the email address for the hotel?

did they organise music for your reception? Also, whats the nearby nightlife like? St Pauls Bay sounds and looks amazing, but how did all your guests get there and back to the hotel again?

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding in rhodes

Hi

The web site is www.lindosmare.gr and there is a contact address you can click on.

They can arrange a disco or just play soft music and you can also take your own cd's which they will play for you.

Our rep organised a car for us which was about 80 euros it was decorated with flowers and ribbons and it took us to St Pauls waited while we were married then took us back to the hotel.

They also decorated your room on the wedding night which looks gorgeous. They covered the room in rose petals,sweets and put champagne and fruit in the room.

Any more info just let me know

Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations