We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos Gardens v Avra

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan
12 posts
Save Topic
Lindos Gardens v Avra

We have not been to Lindos before and are looking to book for the end of September or beginning of October and after much searching we have got our choice of accommodation down to these two, can anyone who has stayed at these places give your opinion on them, for and against etc. I undertand one is outside Lindos and has a pool and the other is directly on the beach. We may have to toss a coin.

C and J

kent
Level Contributor
71 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

Hi CandJWigan

We Stayed at the Lindos Gardens last year.

If you want modern clean accomodation with pool. Nice bar, expensive breakfast (and not much of it) but all round good value. This is the one for you.

It's a hell of a walk to the village when the sun's shining but there is a free bus from the supermarket on Krana during the day. A taxi will cost about 5 euro each way.

However, if you want to be a part of the village I would stay at the Avra. The accomodation is basic in comparison but if you want to be close to the bars and restaurants without all the walking/taxi's I would choose the Avra.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

It's a difficult one...depends on how prepared you are for typically Lindos basic rooms. If you're of a fussy disposition I'd go for LG this time...if you're prepared for some 70's style shabbiness and love the beach Avra is for you. Marcuschap stayed there for the 1st time in May and said he'd go back..from what I've read on the reviews here there is one dodgy room and one block better than the other so it could be the luck of the draw. I personally would take the chance but I've been going to Lindos for almost 20yrs so would only stay in Krana as a last resort-although from what I've seen of LG from transfer coach it looks quite nice.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,301 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

As the others have said it's a tough call really and depends on your priorities. I've stayed in both and can recommend both though for quite different reasons.

Avra has a fantastic location, right by the main beach. Heading out for the evening you do have an uphill walk of around 5-10 minutes before you reach the village but I didn't find that much of a problem. Rooms are clean but tired and very basic, if you've not been to Lindos before they might be too much of a culture shock!

Lindos Gardens is a much better standard of accommodation and if you like modern complexes you'll have swimming pools, bar, etc all on site. The downside here is you feel a little out of the village itself. Again it's only a 10 minute walk and if you've not stayed in Lindos before I doubt it will be a problem. It's just for those of us that love the village rooms, Krana area has a very different vibe.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

Avra for me - but then again I love basic and proximity to the sea

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

hi have been to lindoss gardens about 3 years ago they have about 3 pools around the complex its not huge but very nice place it takes about 10mins to down the to the centre which is like a maze but lovely the walk back up is steep but not bad if your used to walking the apartments are clean and nice and would go back again

Wigan
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

Thank you for all your helpful comments, we have in fact booked the Kyriakos with Olympic, I understand the apartments and studios in the vilage are mostly basic and no pools but I would really like to experience the atmosphere. J wanted the pool but I am glad to say I got my way in the end, lol. But we will go to Lindos Gardens and have a look and use the pool etc and maybe stay there at another time.

Thanks Babs for the maps and all you helpful information, itsa pity we will just miss you, we would love to buy you a drink.

C x

7. Re: Lindos Gardens v Avra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 05:16