We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Books ?

birmingham
Level Contributor
777 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Books ?

Do any of the hotels in lindos area have a book swap ? I like to take a couple of paperbacks, swap them and then leave them there

Kate

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Books ?

Most accommodations usually have a store of beach battered, suntan covered books usually with a liberal dose of main beach or Pallas beach sand. Not sure if this is the case in the hotels though as I tend to stay in the village. I do remember there being spare books in Lindos View last time I stayed though.

if you're stuck though you could always try the Lindos library - roughly between Lola's Mexican and Stephany's/Dionysos corner. Don't know whether Sheila buys in books or takes them in exchange but worth a look in anyway.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Books ?

We stayed in Lindos Gardens recently and there were books & magazines there.

Also, one of the tour agencies (Lindos Suntours) down in the village has a book swap system.

Is it just me or do all the papaerback books nowadays just seem to drop to pieces within a few days of being in the sun?

Luton
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Books ?

Re Lindos library. It doubles as the laundry.Books are for sale only.

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Books ?

Lindos View have a book swapping service. The books are located next to reception desk at the safety deposit bos area.

Good to know Lindos Gardens has it...thats where im staying nxt month

UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Books ?

I think I noticed a book swap at Lindos Reception.

birmingham
Level Contributor
777 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Books ?

Fantastic ! I like to chill out with a good book on the beach but they weigh so much nowadays I tend to just pack a couple and then, hopefully, swap them for something else.

Kate

Preston Lancs
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Books ?

I got a book from Lindos reception to read on the plane on the way home!!

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Books ?

Glue is not what it used to be, it was far superiour when it was made from hooves and horns.

I no longer take precious books to Lindos because of the glue problem.

I buy a few from the charity shops to take with me, then if they survive the heat i donate them to the Launderette/library

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Books ?

All down to our Elf and Safety laws I'm afraid. It's to stop youths tearing the books apart, scraping off the horses hoof glue and sniffing it or smoking it

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Books ?

aaah memories! (joke!!)