We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic luggage question

ladnarf
7 posts
Save Topic
Olympic luggage question

We are staying at the Lindos Top with Olympic travel next month. We check out of our apartments on Wednesday (presumably by midday) but we dont check in for our flight home till 3:30 am on a Thursday morning, that leaves us all day Wednesday with our luggage. Does anyone know if Olympic allow you to drop off the luggage with them earlier in the day and catch up with it later or is it possible to leave it at Lindos Top and collect it later before boarding the coach to the airport? Not a huge issue but would rather not have to carry cases round all day Wednesday. Thanks.

Amersham
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic luggage question

If you have a night flight you usually have to check out by 12pm, but you may be able to pay to keep your room on. The luggage man usually picks up luggage in the morning and takes to Reception.

Whenever I have had a night flight, I have taken my own luggage up to reception later on, as I have still needed it. I have rented a room in Pension Electra with some friends, for 5 Euros each, and used a friend's room before. I usually leave my luggage outside the apartment in the courtyard until I have come off the beach then sorted a shower from somewhere, I've always managed to sort something, that's the trouble with night flights.

One year I went back and used the apartment after we had checked out and the maid had cleaned, I just cleaned it up after, and prayed that no one came in to stay in the room! Cheeky I know!

There are cold showers on the beaches if you get desperate, but I can't bear to be in my flight clothes all day and not go to the beach!

I always manage to sort something, but I always carry my passport with me, just in case, as luggage is left all day.

Enjoy your holiday, hope you manage to sort something

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic luggage question

Be care with your luggage. A TA member had a case go missing from Lindos receiption earlier this year .

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic luggage question

Not a lot you can do about your luggage - it will either lie unattended outside your accommodation until pick up or at Reception until your transfer bus arrives.

I've banged on about this a few times before because I think it is a huge security problem, particularly these days. Not just the possibility of some low life stealing your luggage but also the risk of someone stashing drugs, or even worse, in your baggage. It's about time the TO's got to grip with this potential problem !

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic luggage question

...like stop offering village rooms I suspect Xeno :0(

Amersham
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic luggage question

Unfortunately Tpebop, there's little we can do about the luggage unattended, unless we lug them about all day. It would be horrible if my case was to go missing, but I never take anything of personal value with me on holiday anyway. I will still continue to stay in the village and leave my case at reception, it's the price I pay for the best holiday destination. If someone chose to steal my luggage, good luck with them laundering my dirty clothes, as there would be nothing of value for them to take.

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic luggage question

If you are renting a room for the last day then keep luggage with you until you leave for the coach but get a taxi from the Sqaure to reception maybe? Or alteritively stay by the pool at Lindos View with cases, as long as you are eating/drinking there they won't mind and you can sunbathe etc and then shower before your departure as they have showers/toilets to use in the basement.

Babs

ladnarf
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic luggage question

Thanks for the replies, we've got a few options to think about there. Suppose as long as we take the valuables with us its not too big a risk leaving the cases. Never heard of Lindos before, we're pretty new to Greek Islands this is our second trip. We went to Skiathos town last year and really liked it, an old town with a maze of narrow cobbled streets and filled with tavernas, Lindos sounds similar, maybe even nicer, hope so anyway looking forward to it.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olympic luggage question

hi, im amazed that some enterprising greek hasnt got some sort of safe compound up at reception, charging poss 5 euros or so to look after baggage till coach arrival time, could be a nice little earner, i know leavin it before has never been a issue but it only takes one incident for people to become uneasy cheers

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Olympic luggage question

Yes a shed with a padlock Jazzer! there aren't as many cases from the village as there used to be just give the combination to the scooter drivers and Bob's your Uncle lol

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Olympic luggage question

"hi, im amazed that some enterprising greek hasnt got some sort of safe compound up at reception, charging poss 5 euros or so to look after baggage till coach arrival time"

Yeah - me too. Maybe a nice little summer earner for you Jazzer. Pay for all the bevvies !

I always lug my tatty rucksac to and from Reception because its easier for me. When I leave it I hide it right up the side of the Reception shack - not that there's anything worth nicking in there.