We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which apartment to go for?

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which apartment to go for?

Trying to book for Lindos next year for my yearly visit, Thomas Cook don't seem to have anything in the village at all, loved Philipos last year but no availability left for next year and nothing else coming up from Scotland so thought I'd try Olympic! Moneywise need to go for a package deal as otherwise it's too expensive!

Appreciate any comments you may have on :

Lindos Top - Marcus I know you have been here and thought were fine

Kyriakos

Sun Studios

They are all coming in at roughly the same price.

Thanks!

Elaine

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,239 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which apartment to go for?

Hi Elaine,

Didn't know you were considering Sun Studios too. I'd go for them, quite small but brilliant spot - just by cats corner. That was my first choice for next year but booked up for my dates :-(

edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which apartment to go for?

Yeah just looked again the other day and noticed that Sun studios were there as well. Cool that's great then, must be fine if they were your first choice!

I'd be going for a studio each as going with my pal who I was there with last year and cause we're just pals and not boyfriend/girlfriend one studio wouldn't be big enough for the 2 of us! One of my other friends who is older (60ish) is wondering if they would be suitable for her, what do you think?

Ta Marcus! x

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which apartment to go for?

just in the door from Lindos.Met loads of people who had big problems in Kyriakos and had to move out and pay for other accommodation,also no0 help from Lindos rep., so prob best to stay clear<problems mainly to do with drains and air con.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,239 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which apartment to go for?

That's a shame about Kyriakos. Never been the best but I was there last Sept, a few niggles but acceptable and spotlessly clean.

Should imagine your friend will be fine there Elaine, I was going to book with my parents.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which apartment to go for?

Thanks for the update on Kyriakos will steer clear. Think we are going to go for Sun, just waiting on my pal to make the decision and will book.

That's great I'll let my friend know, I know they had had a bad experience with Olympic before with the Adams Studios, the steps up to the bedroom were a death trap and her being that bit older she wasn't happy at all with it.

Elaine x

Rhodes
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which apartment to go for?

ELAINE, HHHIIIIIIIII

did you try pricing it up seperate with flights and then maybe exclusively lindos??

be seeing you for ur jeep :)

Tracy xxxxxxxxx

Exeter
Level Contributor
108 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which apartment to go for?

We've stayed very happily at Tops but some rooms are better than others....as will be the case eveywhere! Courtyard is a bit bleak for sitting in the early evening.....Stayed in Kyriakos in June this year...weren't particularly happy with our 'maisonette'...only 3inch mattresses on the bare plywood mezzanine! But only paid £183 for 2 weeks so couldn't complain. Everyone else was happy-ish.....though some rooms have no outside space and front the road. We would stay there again...but we're very adaptable to Lindos anomalies.....It won't spoil your holiday. However we've never suffered bad drains, and we never use air-con....

edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which apartment to go for?

Hello Tracy. I did price them individually but it's too expensive!

Oh aye no doubt we'll be doing the jeep thing again as my pal hasn't really seen the north end of the island only the south!

Ta for updates!!

Elaine

Wigan
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which apartment to go for?

We have booked to stay ay Kyriakos and understand that Lindos accommodation is basic and thats fine, however I am now troubled by the comment by johnstorey on these studios, it will be our first visit to Lindos and I talked my boyfriend out of staying at Lindos Gardens in favour of being in the town, I really hope I haven't made a bad choice now or I'll here nothing but 'I told you so'. I doubt we'll need air con but I hope the drains are ok.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which apartment to go for?

I'm sure you will see the merit of staying in the village..try not to worry!