We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

Oxford
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

We have visited Lindos twice about 10 years ago and retunr this year to a villa at the top of the hill - in any of the Lindos or Rhodes shops, can you buy Bold washing powder - starnge question I know but mjy wife is allergic to any other type and we are staying for 2 weeks so will need to do some washing.

Thank you!

Clive

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

I'd take some with you..can't imagine you would need enough to warrant buying an expensive pack even if you could get it

Oxford
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

Is it Ok taking something like that on a plane - seems a daft question I know but I am totoal novice when it comes to this sort of thing! Can't wait to get there and feel that Lindos sun again - got to wait till August however - too long!

Mentioned in this post
Lindos Sun Hotel
Lindos Sun Hotel
722 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

Yes - but put it in your checked luggage, not your carry on.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

Not that you would that much but a pack of Bold over 4.5 kilogrammes is around 9-10 euros

You should be Ok to bring your own. Just to be sure check with your airline.

Oxford
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

so can you get Bold over there for sure - would rather just get it there

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

I always take some washing powder when going away for more than a few days. I just pack enough of it in my checked luggage in a ziplock bag. I have been doing this for years & never had a problem yet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

>>so can you get Bold over there for sure - would rather just get it there<<

Why risk it? Even if you can get Bold in Lindos, there is no guarantee that the Bold on sale in Greece is *exactly* the same as the Bold on sale in the UK, and therefore no guarantee that your wife won't be allergic to it.

I don't see what the problem is with packing some in your checked luggage, it's not explosive.......

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

I should think Trevor is quoting price for Rhodes in one of the main supermarkets..I personally wouldn't be bothered scouring the island for a box of washing powder when I could take a couple of thimble fulls from home

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

BTW in case you're still not convinced, here is the list of prohibited items from BA's website:

------

For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below, must not be carried in passengers checked or hand/cabin baggage:

Compressed gases (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammableand poisonous) such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders.

Disabling devices or substances such as mace, pepper spray and Tasers.

Corrosives, such as acids, alkalis, wet cell batteries, and items containing mercury.

Explosives, munitions, ammunition including blank cartridges, hand guns, fireworks, flares and pistol caps.

Flammable liquids and solids, such as lighters that needinverting before ignition, lighter fuel, fire lighters, paints and thinners. Matches (one box of safety matches may be carried on the person).

Radioactive materials.

Briefcases and attache cases with installed alarm devices.

Oxidising materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides.

Poisons and infectious substances, such as insecticides, weed killers and live virus materials.

Other dangerous articles, such as magnetised material, cooking oils, dry-ice, offensive or irritating materials.

-----

As you can see, no mention of washing powder.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Odd question - washing powder in Lindos

hi clive, you dont wanna get done for excess baggage buy it there it comes in handy 50kilo boxes, which should just do judging by the amount of clothes women take, seriously though my lot just take a clear bag for a couple of washes cheers