We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sinatras

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
sinatras

Hi to all Liondos fans,

Whilst I never went to Sinatras in Lindos I believe it was very popular. I know Peggy and Mike through meeting them at The On The Road Bar in Kalathos. Peggy told me this week that they are opening a new restaurant in Lardos in April. It will be called Bojangles.

Hope that is good news for some of you.

Cheers

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Lardos
Lardos
Rhodes, Greece
Ktima Lindos
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Ambrosia Restaurant
££££, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sinatras

Very good news Dave. Food was fantastic at Sinatras and they made you feel so welcome. Definitely worth a night out to Lardos for us in September.

Mentioned in this post
Lardos
Lardos
Rhodes, Greece
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sinatras

I ate in there once. Nice location and, from what I can remember, good food.

Why did it close ?

Edited: 23 March 2011, 08:52
Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sinatras

The landlord wanted a big rent increase. Usual story Xen.

It'll be nice to see Peggy & Mike back in business & we shall certainly go to see them. Is Cara going to work with them ?

Not like you to mention Nikos & Despina's place Dave lol ?

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sinatras

Sorry about that Rockfan but I'm an old git and do go on a bit. Just that I stayed with them twice last year and they made me so welcome.

I travel on my own and just go to relax but when I go into Lindos every other day I seem to head for Giorgos as I find it nice to sit outside, have a beer, something to eat and a smoke. Where else would you recommend for a lunchtime in Lindos as you have far more knowledge of the place than me. Nothing up steep hills though as my legs play me up now and again. Don't like the Sunburnt Arms as they don't really make you feel welcome and it's to Brit.

One final word, On The Road Bar now has a site on Facebook under Kalathos Sun Hotel. Had to get that one in sorry!!

Cheers

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sinatras

Just a joke Dave ! I'm an old git too. Despina & Nikos have been friends of ours for many years & you couldn't meet a nicer couple.

Most of my time in Lindos is spent working but one of my little habits is to meet an old English friend of mine, who works in Lindos, for morning coffee at Giorgios. I don't normally stop for lunch but Pallas Beach at Mediterraneo or Skala are where I go if I've got an easy day but the hills will be a problem for you. So how about just off the main square on the road to the main beach on the right ? Rocco's place but I'm having a senior moment & can't remember the name of it. One of the regulars will chip in with the name. Anyway, great views over the bay & usually fairly quiet. Or the other end of the village by the Ancient Amphitheatre is Melia who do great made to order rolls & salads etc. & have comfy chairs outside for watching the people struggling up the hill from St Pauls Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sinatras

Hey Dave

Eddie might be referring to the Oasis restaurant, next door to the mini market. If so, yeah great location and as Eddie says, views are amazing

Mart

Mentioned in this post
Oasis Restaurant
Oasis Restaurant
265 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sinatras

Thanks for news re Peggy and Mike. They need a break as the last 2 years have been horrendous for them on many fronts.Will be in Lindos at Easter for wedding so will try and touch base with them and report back

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sinatras

Oasis ! Thanks Mart.

Rhodes, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: sinatras

hello ..... its Kara (Peggy's daughter)

of course im going to be at the new restaurant 'BOJANGLES' in Lardos.

xx

Mentioned in this post
Lardos
Lardos
Rhodes, Greece
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: sinatras

Yes indeed - it is Oasis. And if you go there about 10:00/10:30ish you'll bump into Socrates out for his early morning frappe and expounding very loudly about Greek politics !!

They do good meatballs in Oasis for a lunctime snack. Good views of the main bay chucked in for free.