We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to book my wedding soon at St Pauls Bay, as the wedding party will be staying at the new Holiday Village in Rhodes the suggestion was to take a small boat ride to St Pauls Bay - can anyone tell me anything more about this boat ride, how much is it? where would it dock from? how many people does it seat? any advise would really help.

Also I have a twin and am really hoping we may be able to have a joint wedding - do you know if that is at all possible?

Many Thanks

Bobbie x

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

It would not be a short ride from Kolymbia where the hotel is to St. Pauls Bay @ Lindos

I do hope you like children. Read some of Holiday Village Rhodes reviews to see some other peoples children can ruin holidays at this & other hotels

Your wedding planner should be able to arrange joint weddings

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Thank you

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Hi,

You can arrange a glass bottomed boat trip after the wedding ceremony as my son did so in Sept 2008. It leaves from the bay, goes slowly around some of the coves around Lindos then does some high speed stuff out to sea, which is quite nice if it's hot, and then back to the bay. Takes about an hour.

There were 18 of us and I think the cost was about 400/450 euros including drinks. Good value and a nice break before the reception. Your wedding planner should be able to arrange it.

Cheers

Dave

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

so children can ruin a holiday heh tpebob? get real, children, teenagers, 18-30s, middle agers, pensioners can ruin a holiday if you are so intolerant. and read the post that wasn't what they were asking about, it was the trip from the holiday village to lindos. we all know about your hatred of that particular place, so give it a rest

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Are you able to answer any of my questions please?

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Hi again,

I've given you a reply on the glass bottomed boat and I hope that helped. If the Holiday Village is in Kolymbia I doubt very much you'll get a boat ride from there. Also, if you're getting married at St Paul's why are you staying at Kolymbia as it's a fair trek from there to Lindos. If your party needed transport it could be quite costly. There are plenty of nice hotel complexes much closer than that but it is of course your business.

Are you dealing with a local wedding planner as, if so, you would be better speaking to her. I wouldn't have thought having a double wedding would be too much of a problem but again you would need to check with your planner.

Sorry can't be of any more help but will keep looking.

Cheers

DAVE

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Morning Dave,

We are booking the wedding with a close friend that works at first choice, we have chosen HV as we stay at one last year are really enjoyed it, there are 46 Adults & 23 Children joining the wedding party, the option to get married at HV was available but for £1200, the exact same service was given to us as an option from the wedding planner of first choice that is staying at HV to get married at St Pauls, she said the boat would leave from HV and be 20 mins boat ride to Lindos, but did not say how much, I really like the idea of breaking up the time in HV and getting out for the day, thanks for your help

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

For a party of that size I'm sure a boat could be specially chartered and the best way of finding out the cost is to ask your wedding planner surely? If you and the rest of the party enjoy boat trips then I can see it could give a fun element to the day but maybe not ideal for those without sealegs!

Manchester...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Hi, I'm just wondering if you managed to get any further with the boat trip, my step daughter is due to get married in May at St Paul's Bay and is also staying at the Holiday Village. I have e-mailed someone who offers boat trips in the area for some more advice/info and will let you know if you're still interested?

Thanks

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting married at St Paul's Bay - Lindos

Hi, thanks for asking but I'm now getting married at Kalthea Spa and no need for a boat, hope you have better luck x