We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas around Lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Areas around Lindos

After 7 years of staying in Lindos and only ever venturing out to Pefkos, Rhodes Town and Shimbas at Katori, I think it's about time to hire. Car and have a look round.

Can anyone recommend places to visit, particularly quiet empty beaches if they exist?

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas around Lindos

Hi Roy,

I don't know if you'll find an empty beach but I would recommend a visit to Prasonnisi wher the Med meets the Aegean. Really superb to drive on to the sand bar and watch the different types of surfing. After that you could drive on to Monolithos which is also really good and you'll pass plenty of isolated beaches on the way. A really quiet beach beach, about 10 minutes from Lindos is in Kalathos. Whilst there are parasols and loungers there belonging to the Atrium Palace there is so much room there is no problem. It is a shingle beach as many are, as you will no doubt know. If you fancy a snack or drink call in the bar next to the petrol station on the right as you go towards Rhodes. Really friendly, good food and reasonably priced.

Cheers

Dave

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas around Lindos

Hey

If you have a car, definitely try out Agathi beach near Haraki. By no means is it quiet, however, it is beautiful and in my opinion the best beach on the island and is a little isolated, so a car is ideal.

Try Glystra beach near Lardos. Again, not totally quiet but it is 'little known' and is a lovely beach.

Enjoy

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Areas around Lindos

On the coast road from Kattavia to Apolakkia is the most fabulous views of Monolithos in the distance. We parked up & I trekked over a small wall and across shingles to a totally empty beach. No one in view for miles. It wasn't somewhere to sunbath but the views & the colour of the water from the road were something to behold. Great views from Monolithos Castle then onto Siana.

Also Aslipio is a nice little village worth a visit. Enjoy!

4. Re: Areas around Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 05:19