We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lindos gardens

berkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
lindos gardens

Hi can anyone help ???

going to lindos gardens on june 22nd , can any tell me if the hotel is set on a really steep him . have sent hotel an email to request a room with a good view but dont want o be walking up loads of steps to get these views lol ,

many thanks mo

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lindos gardens

It is according to the reviews but my sis was there the other week and never mentioned it

Edited: 04 June 2011, 16:32
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lindos gardens

Hey

Some of the rooms at the back of the property are elevated and involve an uphill path and steps up to the apartments. If fit and healthy should be ok, may b a little more difficult for those with walking difficulties. Its not too bad, I've seen worse.

If this concerns u, email LG and ask where your room is allocated and if necessary ask to swop.

Lovely little hotel by the way.

Enjoy

Mart

berkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lindos gardens

thank i will ask them , been reading a few bad reviews which is a bit of a worry lol

but if u get a cheap deal what can u expect !!!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lindos gardens

Hey

Lindos Gardens is a very popular choice on Krana and as u quite rightly say, it is cheap, if not the cheapest. No hotel is perfect and u cant please all the people all the time. However, as I have experienced lately, some peoples expectations are too high and they seem to forget the price they paid.

Have a great time.

Mart

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lindos gardens

Hi. If you want the best view then I'm sorry you will have to walk up quite a few steps, but it is well worth it, Don't know how this place gets bad reviews as we have been 6 times and love it, very clean,lovely people, just great. As they say you can't please everyone. This is the only place we have ever been back to so that must tell you something (and I am very fussy) always do a lot of research for our June holiday as we try some were different then always go to LG in October.

Enjoy

Lyn

Edited: 05 June 2011, 13:46
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lindos gardens

Parts of Lindos Gardens are built into/onto the side of a steep hill. We stayed at a small development below the Lindos Gardens and could see people struggling around the development with small kids and buggies.

If you don't have small kids and are physically fit it won't be a problem although you may be sick of the sight of steps by the time you come home.

berkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lindos gardens

can anyone tell me if they have hair dryers in the hotel

thanks

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lindos gardens

Hi. No they don't have hairdryers in the rooms.

Lyn

berkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lindos gardens

ok thanks ... best pack one then :)

mo

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,939 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lindos gardens

loveholidays

It's a pretty steep climb up to the highest rooms - but they DO have the best view so I guess it's a bit of a trade-off.

We were halfway up and were happy with our room (my review is dated 8/11/2010) but would also have been happy if it had been higher.

The slope is very steep but there are steps which make it easier (but no less steep).

There's a bit of an uphill walk to the hotel from Flora supermarket on the main road and a further uphill walk to the main road to the village itself and a further uphill walk from the beach to the village.

NB:

there's a free bus that goes from the main road (outside Flora) down to the square regularly and down to the beach every so often but it does get crowded.

Imho, Lindos is not a place for high heels.

The cobbled alleyways can be slippy and it's very uneven underfoot.

We really enjoyed Lindos Gardens (June 2010) and tried to book again for Sept 2010 but couldn't get in.

I made the point in my review that the cooking facilities weren't great but in our experience it's pretty much on a par with most Greek apartments.

Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations