We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary

I wonder if you can help.

Me and the missus are going to Lindos at the start of July.

I have read through the variousreviews of restaurants and bars etc but was wonedeirng which is the poshest/most romantic restaurant etc for a wedding anniversary dinner?

The actual annniversary is on a Saturday (in July) if that helps. Will it be necessary to book?

Thought I'd better make the effort so any thoughts / recommendations would be most welcome!

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary

Go to the Ambrosia, George will make it a night to remember, you will need to book.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary

Arhontiko is a lovely restaurant to go for an anniversary meal. It's a former captains house and it has lots of character. Book a table in the inside sala you won't be disappointed. The food is fantastic.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary

I'd go for either of the above, both great restaurants with a romantic feel. Both popular though so for a special occasion then yes i'd book, contact details on their websites or just wait until you arrive and see which appeals more.

http://arhontikolindos.com/

http://www.lindostreasures.com/ambrosia/

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary

Hey

Got to agree with Marcus, both choices are fantastic and it will b special whichever u choose.

How about a wedding anniversary light lunch at Skala on Pallas beach, beautiful location and food, just don't overdo it for the evening.

Enjoy

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary

Hi Guys,

How would you class the the Melanos Lindos with regards to poshest/most romantic. Cetainly the most expensive. My son stayed there on his wedding night but it was curtailed because of the XL crash. They went back there for their first anniversary night and said it was fantastic and not that expensive to eat with fantastic views over the harbour.

Just tell me if I'm talking twaddle!

Cheers

Dave

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary

Hey Dave

Definitely the most exclusive and expensive, I am sure it would be romantic but can't comment cos never dined or stayed there.

Its definitely an option though

Mart

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary

Hi Dave, you are not talking twaddle apart from the fact that there is no harbour in Lindos! Good call with Melenos, i have only had lunch there the year it first opened, i thought it was romantic even at lunch time. Otherwise i would choose Arhontiko over Ambrosia it is far more romantic in the sala.

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary

Hi Rhodeislandred,

I knew I'd get something wrong. I should have said bay! As I said my son and daughter in law loved it even though it cost 300€ for the room for the night! Bottle of Moet was 90€ but they enjoyed. Food apparently was fantastic and there are a few reviews on TA.

Cheers

Dave

London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. One question though, what is the sala?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary

The sala is a traditional living room, often with a decorative wooden raised area (as in Arhontiko).