We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

april in lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Sunlight...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
april in lindos

hi, just booked one week in lindos from the 5th april. will it be hot enough for the beach, will the resort be fully open and is there anywhere suitable for husband to fish, thanks.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: april in lindos

Hi!

April is pretty early really as the main season doesn't start until May. Not everywhere will be open but you shouldn't struggle finding a few restaurants/bars. Early (or late) in the season you might find some restaurants don't have their full menu as it simply isn't worth them stocking certain items at such a quiet time.

I'd make the most of it, in summer Lindos is teaming with hundreds of daytrippers but you will be able to wander the streets and take in the sights with no hassle.

It's also a great time for checking out the rest of the island and it's sights so i'd recommend hiring a car for a couple of days.

Weatherwise - it's anyones guess! I've seen glorious sunshine and torrential rain at this time of year but average is like a 'nice' early summer day here. You should be able to spend some time on the beach though the sea will be very cool. I'd take a jacket for the evening though as it can cool down a fair bit at night.

Fishing: Well i've seen several people fishing from the beach or the rocks just past the beach but i've not seen them catch much!

Basically be prepared it will be quieter and cooler than the main season but plenty of people enjoy a holiday on the island at this time of year, so there's no reason you shouldn't too!