We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic price doubled??

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic price doubled??

Have been keeping my eye on the price for Lindos Gardens for October. First Choice & Olympic not much between them thats if you opt for Thomson flight, but GSW flight was a lot cheaper but with so many negative reviews was trying to avoid them. I have just looked and the price has gone up today from just under £600 for two for two weeks to £1827 ?? with GSW Whats that all about?

Lyn

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic price doubled??

Sorry forgot to say the Thomson flight with Olympic same day same airport just a few hours different is £738 ??

Lyn

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic price doubled??

It's supply and demand I'm sure Lynn!! Wondering if the 2 weeks in October coincide with Stevo's Birthday!.. Stevo and a few Rhodes Rockers are out that week and booked when the prices were low through Olympic.

Lindos
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic price doubled??

Does it maybe coincide with 'half term' in England??? If so, that is probably the reason.

Melanie

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic price doubled??

Hi. I understand prices rise due to various reasons ie school holidays (which it isn't) supply and demand etc what I couldn't understand was both were with Olympic just different aircraft if anything I would have thought the Thomsons flight would be more!! anyway I will keep looking :)

Lyn

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic price doubled??

Keep looking Lyn! We paid £200 for our September week in Pefkos (about a month ago). It's now up to £291. My experience is that the prices go up and down on an hourly/daily basis.

You just have to book when you spot the right deal.

I think it depends sometimes how you find your way into the price listings and it seems to be cheaper during the week rather than the weekend. Try phoning up and being cheeky (they give a facebook discount), it worked for me!

I'm sure the prices will go down again before October (despite Stevo's birthday celebrations!) x

6. Re: Olympic price doubled??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 11:19