We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manolis bar

Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manolis bar

Hi there,

I used to live in Lindos in 1991 and worked in Manolis Bar. I was just wondering if anybody Knows if it is still there and if not what happened to Manolis and his family, I remember his nephew also Manolis his son Stephanis and his other nephew Vasilis.

I am returning this year after 20 years and would love to see them all

Thanks

stevenage
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Manolis bar

first went to lindos in 1991 with 5 mates and have been back either on my own or with mates about 10 times now. allways having a wonderful time.

That first time at manolis bar dancing to "losing my religion" on the high bar stools a memory, it was my birthday and it has stuck in my mind , as well as sleeping on a car bonnet coming back from the disco at bottom of the hill!

Always great people , great dj's , great weather , great food.

Billy from billys bar never seems to age or his wife , although a few things have been lost, THE TREE BAR , Piles of Drachma on the bar for the next Beer , Jody's Flat etc , cant wait to visit again happy Hols !

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Manolis bar

Hi,

Definiely visit Manolis/Zouk bar. Returned to Lindos in September.

Got "told off" for walking past the bar and not visiting it in June year so in order to teach them a lesson, I visited every night, when I was there, in September. That taught them - LOL.

Still a great bar, excellent music, danced till my knees ached, brilliant host.

2012 here I come.

Regards

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Manolis bar

For any newbies ... remember if someone says meet you in Manolis' ,,, ask which one.

Although it's called the Kolossos Bar, most people also call that bar Manolis' for short ... after the owner.

Some old timers also still call Zouk Bar ... Manolis'

Confused? You soon will be ... cue Billy Crystal and Soap.

I got into trouble one year as I forgot this and told my better half to get me in Manolis' ... we both thought we'd been stood up lol

She wasn't happy as I had the keys, but luckily enough she remembered my other haunts lol

Edited: 28 November 2011, 17:24
London, England...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Manolis bar

I remember her, her name is jeni (not sure of spelling tho!). I was there in '93 and she was there as well as a guy who i think was a cousin of manolis.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Manolis bar

We are thinking of returning to Lindos in 2013, just doing a bit of research at mo & Manolis bar was where we spent every evening of our honeymoon in May 1991. Remember dancing to I've been thinking about you ( London Beat) & also singing at the top of our voices to Deliah (Tom Jones). Glad to hear that Manolis is still part of the furniture in Lindos. Looking forward to maybe making more memories.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Manolis bar

Hi.

Manollis bar closed many years ago . It is now a restaurant. But he moved further down about 80 yards or so. It is down a little alleyway opposite the red rose bar. It is now called zeok dancing bar. Manollis still does sunbeds on main beach and also you find him in a shop by the old pallis travel shop. Which is now a gift shop.

Norwich, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Manolis bar

Oh yea, we remember Manolis (the owner Manolis'snephew) at Manolis bar. Dancing on the bar and stools to Oasis etc( yeah I know but it was fun) Oh I wish I was that young agiain. And Dinos gyros on the way home. Brill

18. Re: Manolis bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:18