We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest any self catering apartment / villa within close walking distance of Lindos town centre please ?

I would be looking for something of nice standard as a treat for the wife :o)

From what i can find, it seems that due to the age of Lindos town, that building regs are tight to stop over-development so new developments have a tendancy to be a fair way out of town, even though the owners tend say they are withing "easy walking" distance.

I also read a lot about a particularily "busy" and "dusty and dangerous" road which worries me when walking back after an evening out.

Any replies are really appreciated.

many thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Stamford
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

As I understand it there is a restriction on development in the village. So if you want a pool you will have to stay out of the village. Lindos View is an excellent complex and very clean. You can read for yourself the reviews on this site. Lindos View is only a 10 min walk into centre of the village or you can get the free bus down the hill during the day.

As for the road. It is the main road linking the north and south of the island on the east coast however its hardly a motorway and hardly dusty.

Just returned from Lindos with 2 young kids and had no issues with the road. We have booked again for next year. It is a special place and I'm sure you will read more reviews commenting that they return to Lindos again and again..

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lindos View
Hotel Lindos View
857 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

It's still possible to stay in the village with good standard accommodation. You won't get a pool but with great beaches nearby It's not a problem.

For a real treat try Melenos hotel, if that's above budget maybe Xenones. If you're looking for a package Thomas Cook tend to have better quality though limited choice accommodation.

As already mentioned for a pool etc you need to look at Krana area, apart from a steep hill It's in easy reach of the village. The only dangerous (?) road I can think of would be if you were staying out at Mare or Lindos Blu but both are a good trek away, you'd be better taking a taxi.

Edited: 21 August 2011, 01:16
Mentioned in this post
Melenos Lindos Hotel
Melenos Lindos Hotel
749 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Xenones Lindos
Xenones Lindos
219 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
184 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos Blu
Lindos Blu
1,370 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

Melenos hotel is beautiful, and would be a very special treat, although no pool. There are some beautiful and well maintained villas in the village. You just need to do a little internet searching. Try Owners Abroad

M

Edited: 21 August 2011, 02:45
Mentioned in this post
Melenos Lindos Hotel
Melenos Lindos Hotel
749 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

Hey

Melenos hotel is fantastic. If yr budget doesn't stretch that far, take a look at Villa Galini. Its a very good standard self catering unit situated in a quiet area 100 metres from Lindos main beach and a 7/8 minute walk up to the village itself.

www.villagalinilindos.com

Mart

Mentioned in this post
Melenos Lindos Hotel
Melenos Lindos Hotel
749 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

Try looking at www.ownersdirect.co.uk/greece or www.rhodes-select.com

Depending on your taste and budget you may like proprties on this site, very traditional houses/villas with amazing character though a tad pricier than the norm. lindos-holiday.com/accomodation-guide.html

Babs

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

Or ... try the Blue Sky Apts ... a ten minute walk away.

Well ... 10 minutes downhill ... but maybe a free bus or a taxi back up depending on the time of day.

See the reviews on here ... fab apts and friendly owners (no, I don't get commission lol)

7. Re: self catering apartment / villa within easy walk of Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 02:15