We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight Disruption 19th October

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
flight Disruption 19th October

can anyone advise if the Thomas cook flights to Rhodes on wed 19th October will be disrupted due to alleged strike 48hrs travel agents dont seem to know anything

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

Just spoken to Thomsons and they said the managers had just gone into a meeting about this and they will be posting a briefing to the website hopefully within the next hour. It's not looking good :-( Sniff.

rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

hello i just spoke with thomas cook and they said there office has not been informed of any dsruption to flights as not a confirmed official strike and to go airport as normal

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,292 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

If the ATC strike is confirmed & goes ahead there will be no flights at all over Greek airspace. Keep your eye on the relative TO sites, they generally make announcements as to what the arrangements will be for flights affected.

rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

thank you as i said the travel agents is not much use

rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

been told by thomas cook to check in as normal as they have no information to give as far as they know there is no strike

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

www.eeeke.gr

Has strike news

Edited: 17 October 2011, 14:11
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

Easyjet site saying they are giving free transfers re 19th October flights

rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

yer i read that about easy jet

thomas cook & thomsons not released anything yet

the greek site says def a strike airlines just keep saying nothing set in stone and that they have not been informed as yet!

would think with less than 2 days to go they would know something

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

I think it is the case that they just don't know! I have been following strike threads on Trip Advisor and the situation seems very changeable.

The Tour operators won't want to change flights unless they have too, and strike may still not go ahead or only affect some airports/flights. I know this looks unlikely at present!!

I have a friend who works for Thomson air crew and they still haven't been told whats going on, so its not just passengers being kept in the dark..

I am also due to fly out to Crete on Thursday, and have everything crossed that we still get away.

Nic :-)

rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flight Disruption 19th October

guess have to cross fingers and hope all is well not too bothered if flight delayed till late thu night just want to get there